January 2015 Moms
Options

Slight spotting after stopping progesterone!

I know my OB told me this would happen but I can't help but be worried...anybody go through this and carry to term. All these FTM fears are driving me crazy. Please no judgments as I have had 2 previous losses. Just trying to be happy and relax! Thanks again ladies!

Re: Slight spotting after stopping progesterone!

• Options
    I stopped all meds (progesterone and estrogen) about 3 weeks ago, followed by some spotting. It was terrifying. The doctor said it was totally normal, unless I was soaking a pad in an hour or so (nowhere near that). It dwindled the next couple of days, and completely stopped. Since discontinuing meds, I have had no bleeding at all. Totally. Convinced it was the hormonal change. The doctor said it was completely normal and common.
    Hope this helps. Hang in there- rest, take it easy until the spotting stops. T&Ps!
  • Options
    How nerve-wracking!  I'm sorry.  I didn't spot when I went off progesterone but you're definitely far enough along that the placenta has taken over production.  Do you have a doppler?  I would not be a sane person without mine. 
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should get a Doppler but I'm a plus size girl so I worry about finding the heartbeat on my own. But I will definitely look to buy one if that helps ease my fears at all. Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure how far along you are @stephanie7583 but I was able to find my daughter's hb with a stethoscope at 20w.  I used the doppler after my first loss because I knew I'd be panicky.  I didn't feel movement until 21w with DD but felt my son at 16w even with an anterior placenta.  Hopefully you'll be able to feel movement soon and that will help ease your mind.  It is tricky to find the hb with a doppler but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot easier.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"