Adoption

Just reached out to adoption star NY office

I am starting to get a feel for different agencies. I would love any feedback from new yorkers on this agency or any others in ny. Thanks again!

Re: Just reached out to adoption star NY office

• I went to an informational meeting for Spence Chapin, and I worked with New Beginnings for my homestudy.  I loved the people at New Beginnings and they have been very responsive throughout the process.  Spence Chapin was wonderful too, but they just didn't have the type of programs we were looking for.  
  • .thank you! How long have you been waiting with new beginnings? 
  • Loading the player...
  • They are my homestudy agency only.  We basically chose a waiting child (in Korea) and then began the process.  So they handled our homestudy and a lot of our paperwork, and then passed us onto CHSFS, who is the coordinating agency for my particular child.  They will also do our post placement.

In terms of timeline, we started the whole process in March, and we are hoping to have our child home before 2015.  But he is a toddler with special needs, not a "healthy infant."
  • They are my homestudy agency only.  We basically chose a waiting child (in Korea) and then began the process.  So they handled our homestudy and a lot of our paperwork, and then passed us onto CHSFS, who is the coordinating agency for my particular child.  They will also do our post placement.

In terms of timeline, we started the whole process in March, and we are hoping to have our child home before 2015.  But he is a toddler with special needs, not a "healthy infant."
    Thanks, and good luck to you too! 
  • We adopted through Adoption Star.  We live in NY and adopted in Ohio.  Started the process in early 2012, our baby girl was born in November 2013 and we finalized in May.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sewolff said:
    We adopted through Adoption Star.  We live in NY and adopted in Ohio.  Started the process in early 2012, our baby girl was born in November 2013 and we finalized in May.
    Thank you! Was it a smooth process overall? They seemed great on the phone....
  • Sorry I didn’t respond.  I’m not on this board as much anymore.  I’ll PM you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mah976mah976 member
    My husband and I are currently working with Adoption STAR. We are just renewing our 2nd home study because we are matched and it's expiring prior to the baby being born! All I have are wonderful things to say about them. Everyone is very interested in your journey. They are always helpful and understanding to your feelings and are there to guide you throughout the process. For us the process has moved quickly!
    BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11
  • adoptionreadyadoptionready member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you very much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"