February 2015 Moms

Babymoon

Hey ladies!

I am throwing around the idea of a baby moon to my DH. Are any of y'all considering taking one? If so, what are your options?

I live in Texas and we were thinking going to Austin for the weekend. My dream would be to go to Disneyworld, but that is pretty pricey haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
MMC- 11/2013 @ 9 weeks

Re: Babymoon

• On the plus side, Disney is a great place to take baby P in a few years!

We plant to do something, but I'm not sure what just yet.  We're going to Breckenridge next month as a last somewhat active vacation before baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do day trips a lot so out last big hurrah will probably be a day trip to Atlanta, Aiken or Savannah. Walking downtown areas or malls and having a nice lunch then doing museums and an early dinner before heading home. It's not much but it's fun and relaxing for us.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We did our babymoon at Disneyworld with our first and I actually wouldn't recommend it. I mean, I'm grateful we got to go, but in hindsight I'd pick something more relaxing.

There was A LOT of standing in lines (for rides I couldn't even ride!). I really wanted DH to get to ride everything if he wanted though (it was his first time) . All the standing and walking gave me serious sciatic nerve back pain.

Also, chances are we will want to take out little ones at some point. So we will go again.

I'd go somewhere with a spa and awesome food and beautiful scenery. Relaxation is not something you get much of once your LO is here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good advice! Thanks!!

Pregnancy Ticker
    MMC- 11/2013 @ 9 weeks
  • We're thinking about doing one in oct to quebec city!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We aren't planning to do a babymoon, but we already have 2 kids, so it wouldn't be much of a last hurrah anyways.
    OP, have you ever been to San Antonio? I know it isn't anywhere near Austin, but we went there a few years ago and it was a fun city.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • We are heading to charleston, sc end of the month!!
  • Hehe, maybe I'm a bit spoiled, we've already taken 2 weekend trips to celebrate.  The next thing planned is Maui for a week, leaving the day after the a/s appointment.  We had our honeymoon there, so it's very special place for us (at least for me).  I can't wait for Oct to roll around already!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think we're going to do an extended weekend along the California central coast (Cambria).  We'll hit up Hearst Castle for a tour, and all of the cute little coastal beach towns.  I'm thinking mid-October, as the weather will be perfect (low-70's), and Fall is my favorite time of year.  And I'll have a baby bump by then...leggings, sweaters, and boots! Yes!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe because I grew up in Austin...but It's not that spectacular to me. I mean, I love the bar scene....but that's kinda out. It just doesn't feel vacationy to me unless you are going for a really social scene....but again...I'm probably biased.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Maybe just maybe we will have enough money around my birthday (November) to do a quick weekend trip to Sundara Spa in Wisconsin, that would be epic!

• PikoPiko said:

Hehe, maybe I'm a bit spoiled, we've already taken 2 weekend trips to celebrate.  The next thing planned is Maui for a week, leaving the day after the a/s appointment.  We had our honeymoon there, so it's very special place for us (at least for me).  I can't wait for Oct to roll around already!

Jealous, we went to Maui for our honeymoon too. I'm dying to go back....just wish the flight wasnt so damn long.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mirigirl said:

Hey ladies!

I am throwing around the idea of a baby moon to my DH. Are any of y'all considering taking one? If so, what are your options?

I live in Texas and we were thinking going to Austin for the weekend. My dream would be to go to Disneyworld, but that is pretty pricey haha.

I live in atx if you need suggestions!
  • With DD we went on a weekend cruise.  That was really nice and relaxing.  This time, money is a bit tighter, but I have a conference in Minnesota that work is paying for, so DH is going to come with and MIL is going to stay with DD.  How romantic is the Mall of America?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kkleigh10 said:
    We're thinking of two options: Hilton Head or Bermuda. HH would be a lot more affordable but DH has never been to Bermuda and I looooove it there. @pitdigger‌ just a heads up that we may show up on your doorstep at the beginning of November :)
    Hey, I'm here as long as it's not Veteran's Day (I'm visiting my parents then).  But I will give you all of the new information.
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • kkleigh10 said:
    With DD we went on a weekend cruise.  That was really nice and relaxing.  This time, money is a bit tighter, but I have a conference in Minnesota that work is paying for, so DH is going to come with and MIL is going to stay with DD.  How romantic is the Mall of America?
    I hear they have a very fancy food court...
    Is it weird that I LOVE food court food?  Like bourbon chicken is one of my favorite meals.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were thinking about a cruise, but decided to go a little cheaper. DH is from Alabama, so we're going to go see the family for a few days, then borrow their RV and head to the Smokeys. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When we got married we couldn't really afford a honeymoon, so we planned one for our anniversary next weekend. That honeymoon was supposed to be a fabulous drunken adventure where we were gonna start trying for a baby. Well.... Here we are and now it's a baby moon lol

We're going to Estes Park, Co where we met :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe just maybe we will have enough money around my birthday (November) to do a quick weekend trip to Sundara Spa in Wisconsin, that would be epic!

I think I now have to talk H into taking me there! I had never heard of ot before and had to look it up. It sounds fabulous!
  • This baby was conceived on the other side of the world, so I think we are good haha 

We have thought about just renting this little beach house we love and going for a week in September. But I'd rather save the money right now and I don't feel like traveling. I'm such a kill joy :( 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We talked about it but we aren't sure if it is in the budget at the moment.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We were just in Maui, Oahu and Kauai in April! Loved loved Maui! We also have been in New York and Traverse City this year. Husband says we've been on enough trips this year! But I'd love to do one more. Thinking a couple weeks in Europe but not sure I can convince him.
  • @PikoPiko‌ Ohhhhhhh love Maui, I'm jealous.
    We're going to Puerto Rico at the end of November. It was planned before I got pregnant but now I guess it's a babymoon!

We lived in PR for a year and loved it! There are mini boat tours on the south side of the island (Fajardo). That was the best activity we did in PR. It also includes snorkelling in the bay.
    The rain forest is lovely in November! It shouldn't be too hot that time of year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • I'm considering a mommymoon actually. No DH, no DD; just me and a really nice, peaceful spa day.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• We were super lucky and got bumped from our flight on our way home from honeymoon. The airlines gave us each $500 flight vouchers, so we put them towards a trip to England in September to visit one of my best friends! Neither of us have been there, and I've been telling my friend for YEARS that I'm going to fly and see here! The husband and myself figured if we don't do it now, we will probably never go.
  • I really want to go to the beach.  I was thinking my husband's September business trip to Aspen would have been our babymoon...but I am so exhausted right now and after going through hell this first trimester I would really just love to float on a raft in the ocean somewhere warm and eat a boatload of seafood (that is, the seafood that I'm allowed to eat). :)

H and I need to figure out if it's in the budget though.  If not, an extended weekend in Aspen it is!
  • We live in Texas too. We also were thinking of Austin.
  • We're heading to Barbados for a week. Reasonably priced direct flights from NYC on Jet Blue. Many of the hotels run specials in the fall because people think hurricanes are a threat, but it is really rare that far south.
  • We are planning a weekend off somewhere close to home!
  • We are doing a few days in CO for our 5 year anniversary. Originally this wasn't a planned babymoon but it is now. :)
  • We're taking one! I want to go somewhere warm and relaxing. Right now I'm planning for the end of October, but getting travelers insurance in case of hurricanes. But the deals are great for that time of year because of it.

We're deciding between Aruba, Turks & Caicos and Belize. I'll choose solely on flight prices. Currently Aruba is the cheapest. We'll see, I'm excited just to go away for a bit:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"