3rd Trimester
Options

Name help

My husband and I have decided to name our baby girl Berkley, but can't agree on any middle names. Any middle name suggestions would be helpful :) Thanks!

Re: Name help

• Options
    Aw cute name! I know a girl who named he baby girl Berkley, so cute! What about Elizabeth?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well it's a good thing she didn't ask about the name she did pick. Never watched Saved by the Bell lol.
  • Options
    CariLS8 said:

Well it's a good thing she didn't ask about the name she did pick.

People will respond however they want. It would be very unfortunate to name a girl Berkley.
  • Options
    I don't see how.. it's not like the name of someone else's child has anything to do with other people. Besides, she's asking about a middle name not opinions on the first name they have chosen. I dont see why even post if you're just going to complain about her first name choice and not even help with what she's asking for. Seems pretty pointless, really.
  • Options

My husband and I have decided to name our baby girl Berkley, but can't agree on any middle names. Any middle name suggestions would be helpful :) Thanks!

it's a cute name :) don't let ignorant comments make you change the name you and your husband love and have chosen. Look back in your family history and maybe you'll find a good middle name from a great grandmother or something. That was the middle name has a special meaning too.
  • Options
    Idani said:

You pointing out how people should respond is pointless. 

She asked for help and all you have done is criticize her first name choice. Its not your baby, don't worry about it. You're a grown woman act like it. You shouldn't need to be taught the lesson of if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Yes it's a public forum.. for pregnant woman to ask for help, not to be criticized.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CariLS8 said:

it's a cute name :) don't let ignorant comments make you change the name you and your husband love and have chosen. Look back in your family history and maybe you'll find a good middle name from a great grandmother or something. That was the middle name has a special meaning too.
    Oh good lord, pick up a dictionary will you? You look rather ignorant using the word ignorant wrong. I can't take anything you say seriously.
    And you're right, it's not about me, it's about the innocent child that will have to deal with having a horrible name. Berkley is not even a first name let alone a girl's first name. I for one would hate my parents if they had named me Berkley. OP, at they very least please give your daughter a nice, real, girl middle name so that way she can fall back on it when she gets tired of Berkley.

ETA missing word
  • Options
    Oh my gosh are you kidding me?? You ladies should be ashamed lol. Don't you have anything better to do than to complain about some else's baby name? Goodness lol.
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited July 2014
    Idani said:

CariLS8 said:

Well it's a good thing she didn't ask about the name she did pick. Never watched Saved by the Bell lol.

Elizabeth Berkley is a famous actress who is best known for Saved by the Bell but other things as well. She better get used to comments to be honest because her daughter will get them IRL all.the.time. It was posted on a public forum, you get what you get.

====

The NC-17 movie Showgirls! Ha, I remember all that controversy, sweet little Jessie Spano from SBTB is all of a sudden rubbing her nipples on the big screen!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you to those for your kind comments. The rest of you I'm not sure why you even bother with your rude comments. Seems like a waste of time. We're all mothers here looking for support. I guess if you can't or won't give it then I'm not sure why you're here.
  • Options
    @Darbie914, I could stare at your siggy all day.  :x
  • Options

Thank you to those for your kind comments. The rest of you I'm not sure why you even bother with your rude comments. Seems like a waste of time. We're all mothers here looking for support. I guess if you can't or won't give it then I'm not sure why you're here.

No problem! like I said, maybe look into your family history. We are using my boyfriends mom's middle name for our daughter. Make it means something and be special for her and to you both :)
  • Options
    Here's your support: Berkley sucks. Don't do that to your daughter. She will thank you one day.

You're welcome.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KMRR86KMRR86 member
    Time to get out the Bingo Cards! 
  • Options
    I mean this in the best way possible...Please don't name your child a stupid name.
    Baby Maloney due 8-3-14!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options

FTR, the purpose of this forum is to generate revenue for a third party vendor. Sure, the theme is pregnancy and pregnant women certainly do ask for help here, but at the end of the day those vendors couldn't care less whether a woman actually got the help she was looking for or not.

Obviously the purpose of this forum is to ogle Daryl Dixon. Proceed, ladies. 

YES, yes please. Gifs please!!!
  • Options

I once had an awersome weekend in Berkeley, CA. Well, what I remember was awesome.

OP, name your child what you wish, just remember that your child has to live with that name. If you insist on naming her after a town, please spell it correctly, in the very least.

But, here is some friendly advice. If you cannot handle the opinion of strangers on a message board, I would don some serious armor. People are going to make comments, people are going to talk about the name, people are going to roll their eyes in your direction. You are going to need to be prepared for that.

Maybe use the not-a-name and not-even-a-pretty-made-up-name Berkley as a middle name. Just saying.

• Options
    Meery82 said:
    Here's your support: Berkley sucks. Don't do that to your daughter. She will thank you one day.

You're welcome.
    She will thank us one day, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"