Parenting
Options

The No-Spending Challenge

cedentoncedenton member
edited July 2014 in Parenting
So the 15 day spending challenge proposed by @guiltypleasures starts tomorrow for those who said they were in.

We're starting today as we got paid today and will go through the 14th.

Here's the original thread for anyone who needs the backstory.
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12399468/15-day-no-spend-challenge/p1

I think ours will be a little more like a "actually stick to the budget plan." DH will have $75 and I'll have $75, but I have a baby shower and a birthday party to go to so it really will be a no-spending challenge for me. :0)  No Starbucks, no clothes (for me or DS), no eating out....ack! This is going to be hard.

Edited link

Re: The No-Spending Challenge

• Options
    fitmama418fitmama418 member
    edited July 2014
    I want to participate in this so badly since we leave for vacation on the 16th and I need to save some spending money. However...I also have a girls night out Saturday, my dad's birthday Sunday, a meet-up with a super special Bumpie and a wedding next week...UGH. I guess maybe I'll aim for September...

Good luck to everyone doing this, though! It's such an awesome idea.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    I'm so excited for it to start. DH is picking up a few things at the grocery store today then it's no more stores for us. We're only spending money on gas, two big bills, our medications, and any emergencies that may come up. I'm going to have such a hard time staying away from online shopping. I deleted my amazon app and I'm blocking the website. Hopefully that will help.

Good luck everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fitmama418 and do it more like a "stick to the budget" challenge.  We get discretionary money every pay day but always spend way more.  This time we're really going to stick to it.  Like I said, I have a baby shower and a first birthday to go to, but I'll feel like a success if I stick to my budget discretionary money, which means no extras for me. 
  • Options
    I'm so excited for it to start. DH is picking up a few things at the grocery store today then it's no more stores for us. We're only spending money on gas, two big bills, our medications, and any emergencies that may come up. I'm going to have such a hard time staying away from online shopping. I deleted my amazon app and I'm blocking the website. Hopefully that will help.

Good luck everyone!
    guiltypleasures  I'm planning on doing couponing/meal planning tonight and then going to the store tomorrow and the farmer's market on the weekends for fruit/veggies. Thank goodness I've got time between the challenge and DS' birthday.
  • Options
    Yeah I think I'm going to go budget out the expenses and bills right now since I get paid tomorrow. Then...I stick to that and that's IT! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a shopaholic and can always convince myself I "NEED" everything. It's out of control.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    @fitmama418 I'm so bad with the need vs want thing. I don't need most of the things I buy but I'm really good at convincing myself that I do.  Half of the gadgets in my kitchen got there  because I really need a super fancy whatever it was or it was such a good deal that I needed to buy it right then. I read somewhere that saying the price of things out loud and the name of whatever it is out loud helps. I'll have to try it one day.
  • Options
    Today is the official start to the 15 day no spend challenge.  I'm going to really miss eating out and drunk shopping. I hope these next two weeks aren't too hard on everyone. Feel free to post here if you need support or anything. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    I'm gunna try to be creative with food and clean out out fridge, meal plan/coupon and go shopping.

Our coffee maker just broke (that is a definite need or I'll be going to mcdonalds for coffee everyday), and I need some cleaning supplies. But kmart is having a clearance sale so I'm going to give myself $40 and that's it.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options
    Instead of a daily check in thread what about just bumping this thread everyday? I'm just thinking that it might be easier to keep questions, helpful info, and everything like that all in one place. That way people who miss a bump day or something can easily catch up too.

@SweetSouthernMomma08 Self discipline is hard. We eat out way too much too. It's really because I get lazy. I recently cleaned out my cabinets. I'll be meal planning only from what's in the garden and what comes out of the cabinets. Our meals won't be fancy but it'll be fun figuring out what to put together. Good luck with everything.

@ShakeyJakey You know how I feel about coffee makers. I was almost in tears when ours broke. I need all the caffeine. Good luck at Kmart.
  • Options
    I just gave my entire bank account to the vet this week, so I'm definitely still in. My plan is to only buy what I actually need at the store (and try to shop my own pantry first)...the only other spending will be on DD's school supplies and a BTS haircut (girl hasn't had one since February and her hair is a mess). Good luck ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"