This is an XP for IFV and got a little long. SIA!
After a few bad consultations with my last RE we decided it was time to move on. With my history of auto immune issues and now that we are moving on to treatments with a RI, I would like to be at a clinic that at least accepts the idea that auto immune issues might affect fertility which really limits the clinics in my area (especially if you are also looking for a large clinic with a good lab). We decided to stay with my clinic, but switch to the clinic's RE (medical director) instead of my RE that just uses the clinic for his IVF cycles.
We had our consultation and I really wish we would have switched sooner! I already knew I liked this RE from my interactions with her during monitoring appointments, but my husband really likes her as well. She really thinks it's too early to push us down the donor path like my original RE did (although she would support that decision if we wanted to go that route). DH even flat out asked her if we had a shot at this working with our eggs and sperm and she said yes she thinks it's worth another shot. We talked about all sorts of ideas and treatment options and she was patient and answered each question (My last RE would always dismiss any sort of genetic testing because he would just tell me that he can't change my DNA and he can't change DH's DNA). We went ahead and ordered the DQ alpha match testing (Dr. KK doesn't order that test) and we are also talking about testing Sperm DNA fragmentation and maybe doing Karyotyping on both of us. Hopefully this along with the immune testing with Dr. KK, should rule out any other issues that might be standing in our way.
Right now the plan is to do one last IVF with my eggs and DH's sperm (assuming all comes back fine with our DQ alpha testing, Karyotyping if we decide to do it, and his sperm DNA fragmentation testing) probably November or December. We are changing up the protocol though and using an EPP instead of the Agonist/Antagonist protocol I was on before. She also was willing to add lovenox (if Dr. KK doesn't add it) just because she has seen it seem to help some women get pregnant, even if she doesn't see a specific diagnosis that indicates it. We also talked about IVIG vs. intralipids. I know Dr. KK uses IVIG for high NK cells, but she is more than willing to order intralipids if we can't afford the IVIG. She said that she has even ordered double the intralipids for some patients. She also talked to the financial coordinator and they are giving us an extra 15% off of our cycle fees since this is our 4th IVF cycle with them. The financial coordinator also gave us forms for First Steps and Compassionate Care forms and recommended that we fill them out and see if we will qualify (I already have a First Steps code good until December, but she thought I might be able to qualify for a better discount).
Finally, I am feeling hopeful about treatment again. It's nice to have a doc that is willing to make sure we have tried everything before recommending that we give up on biological children.
TTC #1 since August 2011
September 2012: Start IF testing
DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA
October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos
November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues. Converted to freeze all due to lining issues. 2 blasts frozen on day 6!
January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues
April 2015: FET #2.1