November 2013 Moms

Baby carrier ?

Is there a baby carrier that they can face out and it isn't the crotch dangler type that are bad for their hips?

Re: Baby carrier ?

• Married July 12, 2013
    Jack Donovan born November 9, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ergo 360 and Lilebaby both have forward facing, non-crotch dangling carriers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a boba air, he just can't look aorund very well in it. Maybe if I put him on my back and up higher? I've never tried it on my back. Maybe I'll do that tonight.
  • I REALLY can't afford to spend 150 on a carrier..
  • JGo517JGo517 member
    Just "bought" (used gift cards) the Ergo 360. It was expensive but DD LOVES IT!!! So do I. It's so comfy you barely realize you're carrying all that weight.
    I bought it at BRU and they don't accept coupons for Ergo, but maybe check Amazon.
  • Question: We are going to the zoo Friday and we have an Ergo performance, but I really don't want LO to stare at my face and I'm not 100% comfortable with the back position yet.

Would it be the end of the world if he was in an outward facing front carrier for an afternoon?
  • I have the same one as @Soozerella, except black and it's mesh.  It can face both directions and be used as a backpack.  It was expensive, but worth it.  I got it at Buy Buy Baby and used the 20% off coupon, which helped lessen the blow.  There's an insert that you remove when you want them to face forward so it doesn't spread their legs as far apart.
  • katie.725 said:

Question: We are going to the zoo Friday and we have an Ergo performance, but I really don't want LO to stare at my face and I'm not 100% comfortable with the back position yet.

Would it be the end of the world if he was in an outward facing front carrier for an afternoon?
    From what I gather, yes, it will be really uncomfortable. My friend's H tried that without realizing the Ergo was not FF and the baby cried and cried because his legs were too far apart.
  • Love our lilliebaby too!!!! Ours is the brown organic one.  They seriously rock!!!! 

Question---how the heckety hey do you fold up the hood on the front?  It won't detach from mine and it makes me crazy!!!!

I love my lilliebaby!!!

• I'm late to the game but I just got the ergo360 and used it for the first time today, so I guess I will chime in- I LOVE it! I justified my purchase by returning the way expensive food processor I never used to make homemade baby food with(turns out the basic one worked just fine). I have the classic ergo also, I think I might donate it, the 360 is much more comfortable on my back. LO loved being able to see the world, I don't think we will go back unless she's in the ergo with the express goal of sleep. I don't see sleep happening forward facing.
  • I tried the lillebaby for a few weeks, but mine was a big pain to switch from forward to inward and required putting the waist strap in and out of these loops. I also needed the lumbar support because the strap would dig in to me, which also was a pain. I returned it and ended up with the beco Gemini, which we both love- he prefers to see out facing forward, but seems more comfortable facing in for longer periods and even falls asleep sometimes. Here we are on our vacation to Seattle! How the heck do I rotate it on the app?

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
    Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
    Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
    FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image
  • @MelloChello‌ hard to say, I'm always cold, so neither bother me- but my good friend has it also and her baby is always overheating- the 360 doesn't bother her or the baby and we walk for about 2 hours each Saturday with her LO in it.
  • another late to the game, but I LOVE our Beco Gemini!  DD loves it too.  It's comfotable front in/out facing and hip carry (haven't tried backpack yet).  it's expensive, but worth EVERY PENNY in my opinion! :)
  • I miss the pocket too but I used it as my excuse to buy a cute new Tory burch wristlet at the nordstroms sale ;)
  • kimmycupkimmycup member
    edited August 2014
    wedding06 said:
    I have a boba air, he just can't look aorund very well in it. Maybe if I put him on my back and up higher? I've never tried it on my back. Maybe I'll do that tonight.
    I have a Boba 3G and I still front wear. If I pull his arms up over the sides he can see more but still allows him to snuggle when he is done with all the seeing. Maybe that would work? I have also contemplated the Ergo 360 for the same reason but I can't justify it's cost.
    I have the Boba 3G too, but haven't used it for facing out. She does pretty good with facing me, but I have been thinking about getting her something that does facing out too. Maybe I'll just try to face her out next time, now that I know other people do it. How long do you keep him facing outward? I would love to put her on my back, but that'd just be hair pull city. 

EDIT: NVM. I just re-read what you wrote. That's what I get for replying to people before I've had my coffee. 
    :\">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"