November 2014 Moms
Options

Infection?

This is really just more of a 'freak out' thread than anything, but currently they're retesting my urine because my midwife thinks that I have a possible infection.

Is this common and how is it treated? I'd ask myself but no one has answered or returned my call SO...here I am lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Infection?

• Options
    A UTI? Very common. I had one with DS, treated with a round of antibiotics and all was good.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What kind of infection? Like a UTI or kidney infection? If so, they are fairly common during pregnancy, and if you get it treated in a timely manner, there really isn't a lot to worry about.

With an infection, you will likely be given an antibiotic. It may be oral antibiotics or an IV drip depending on the type of infection.

I hope all is well! T&P! Keep us updated!

image      image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    what kind of infection?  If it is just a urinary tract or bladder infection, those are usually easily treated if caught an early enough stage.  UTIs/bladder infections can be treated with antibiotics that are safe during pregnancy.  Cranberry juice can also be helpful for UTIs, but I wouldn't use cranberry juice as a replacement for antibiotics, just as a supplement (it can't hurt, even it doesn't help).

Not knowing what kind of infection, it is hard to know the treatment.  Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics, many of which are safe in pregnancy.  Viral infections can be trickier. 

• Options
    Probably pretty common. I think that's why I have to pee in a cup at every appointment. We are really susceptible to infections during pregnancy. Urinary tract, bladder, etc.

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member

Well...great question...I don't know either I guess haha. When I spoke with her she just said "You're urine looks a little funky and we need to test it for infection" SO...that's all I have. Good to know that for the most part it's easily treated :)

• Options
    mander82 said:

Probably pretty common. I think that's why I have to pee in a cup at every appointment. We are really susceptible to infections during pregnancy. Urinary tract, bladder, etc.

They actually test your urine at every appt to see if you are spilling sugar or protein. Checking for uti is just an added bonus :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @NLJ82‌ UTI and/or bladder infections are easy to treat. Drink lots of fluid in the meantime. As PP mentioned cranberry juice can help but not cure.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Drink so much water that you're on the toilet drinking water and peeing it 30 seconds later. My old college UTI cure. It's very scientific.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    Sounds like a UTI to me and yes, completely normal. Drink lots of cranberry juice and water. You can also take AZO to help with the burning, urinary frequency, and bladder spasms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"