July 2014 Moms
Options

Bleeding question

So I had a 2nd degree tare and an episiotomy, well I was bleeding just fine the whole pad filling with blood. Now it seems like I stopped bleeding out of my vagina but I'm still bleeding filling only the very top part of the pad and I'm having to place the pad in my panties much higher than normal. It's like I'm only bleeding from my clitoral area I guess that's what it's called? I'd call my doctor now and ask but I don't have a phone to use until later today.

Re: Bleeding question

• Options
    I don't have any advice but I am curious as to why you don't have a phone to use?
    hi

• Options
    Maybe it just pushes from the vagina out the top? If that makes sense. Sometimes I feel mine do this. Especially when I stand up.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Katieryan13‌ I couldn't pay the bill this month for my phone so it's shut off.
  • Options
    I had a third degree tear, but no episiotomy. My pads look the same as what you describe but I know the bleeding is coming from either my inside (normal bleeding), or from the location of my stitches - which I I know cause I looked.

I found that the bleeding is worse if I'm too active (for example: doing light house work for two hours during week one pp was "too active" for me that soon; which was really hard, cause the rest of my body is ready to start exercising again :/). I've also found that the sits-baths with Epsom salts help a lot.

I'm two weeks pp now and doing good, I think you just need to give it time.
    Good luck and happy healing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @keshupe29‌ that could be happening but it's pretty far up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've been doing the sits-baths with Epsom salt and it doesn't seem to e working for me. I'm also having trouble peeing too :( thank you though :)@ashleymarie1027‌
  • Options
    I have always had to put pads really far forward, even for my periods- it just seems like the flow gets pushed forward with my anatomy.  This might be a little more flow than you're used to so it's coming forward now.  I highly doubt that there is any bleeding from your clitoris, I would say to see if you feel the flow sort of squelching forward (sorry, that's a horrific TMI).  
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're having trouble peeing please go talk to your doctor
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I had an episiotomy and am experiencing the same thing you are. I think you're probably okay...you can just be glad the bleeding has slowed down as much as it has!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I had gone down to just a liner for a few days. All of the sudden today, the bleeding picked way up. I know that can happen when you do too much, but I've pretty much been sitting on the couch all day. Anyone else experience this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    @beff12‌ well you made me feel way better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing this lol
  • Options
    @Lhalliburton‌ my flow has been slowing down and going back up as well and I've been active probably more than I should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"