August 2014 Moms
Options

36 weeks and starting to panic a little.... :)

Hi everyone! I am usually just a lurker. Thought I would actually post today. I may actually be heading in to panic mode with this getting down to the wire. This is my first baby and I just have no idea to expect. 

I was 36 weeks yesterday and had a check up this morning. Dr checked my cervix and babies position. She is thankfully head down and has been for a good month or more. Now please stay that way. lol She also said my stomach measures 39 cm which is a little on the larger side. This has me concerned that my baby will be big or I will have her early. Does anyone know what those numbers really mean? I was overweight to start this pregnancy and have only gained 14 pounds. She guessed baby is currently right around 6-6 1/2 pounds. She also suggested I cut out sugars as much as possible going forward. Sigh. I have done really well with my weight and food till now. But now it is stressing me out a little. 

Thoughts and advice welcome. :) 

Re: 36 weeks and starting to panic a little.... :)

• Options
    jamielcalljamielcall member
    edited July 2014
    They say how many cm you are is how many weeks you are..which would measure you at 39 weeks.... So I've read... 36 weeks as of today with my first too and I can't wrap my head around the fact I'm about to become a mom. I'm right there with you with panic mode.. Some weeks you can measure bigger then others.. I'm sure you and baby are totally fine!! :)
  • Options
    I always measure bigger too. I also have gained quite a bit of weight this pregnancy. My first I had a gestational diabetes scare and this time I actually passed the glucose test! I do have to cut sugars though. Sugar passes very easily through to the placenta and adds weight to the baby. Just cut out juice, soda, and unnecessary refined sugars and try fruit and smoothies instead. You can do it! You're almost there :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My midwife told me yesterday that this late in the game the measurements are not very accurate. She said she just takes them at this point because there is an obligatory spot on the chart for it. So I wouldn't worry, baby was probably just sitting high.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MandMLeonaMandMLeona member
    edited July 2014

No need to panic.  My babies usually measured at least two weeks ahead until they dropped.  My first was born at 37 weeks and was 6 lbs 14 oz.  My second was 38 weeks and 7 lbs 8 oz.  This one dropped early and then dropped again.  So my fundal height is getting smaller.  Your baby is probably just riding high at the moment. 

Edited to fix DD2's weight.

• Options
    Thanks ladies. My doctor didn't seem overly concerned. She never said anything about expecting baby to be early etc. I think im just entering that stage of panic because im so close. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"