December 2014 Moms

Progress

The bump has definitely made itself known in the past two weeks--I had been making due with the hair tie method and all of a sudden it just wasn't cutting it. Now instead of wondering if people at work notice, I wonder how they could not. And yesterday, for the first time, kind strangers asked me if I wanted their seat on the subway, both on my way to and from work. (Of course, this being the cosmic balance of NYC two people also stepped on the heel of my shoe causing it to slip off partway.) Also, I've finally created a signature and participated in the monthly theme (which means I've also given in to following this board at work--see above about figuring people should know by now!) It's just fun to feel like things are moving along.
BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

Re: Progress

• Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • mcr957mcr957 member
    Welcome fellow NYC momma! 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the kind welcomes! I've been mobile bumping in the evenings and commenting here and there, so I'm not exactly new, but I have a feeling I'll be a lot more active now. Work is also kind of slow.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Halsing If you're showing as much as I am, I'd be surprised she had no idea! I wish I knew who at work knows, either through the power of their own two eyes or word of mouth. I'm not sure how I'd announce it at work, and even if there was a forum for that, I really don't like the idea. Turns out I'm more private than I thought. I'm having the same issue with Facebook--I'm not that active on it, but I'm just waiting for someone to post a picture of me where it's obvious, just so it's over, but simultaneously I want to duck my head and hide from the inevitable responses. This is also complicated by the fact that my FIL is friends with a ton of strangers on FB because he posts about and as his dog. It's...interesting. I really dread him asking to post pictures of the baby when he/she arrives because: not happening.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• freakyfastfreakyfast member
    edited July 2014
    BrainCellSup Love your teenage crush!  ;)

ETA: Hi and welcome

• @freakyfast Me too. Some things never change.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Ugh, sorry--trust me, I'm taking that day of consideration as a gift and a sign I'm really showing, and certainly not an expectation of what's to come. As you noted, the standards of common decency have gone way downhill.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"