July 2014 Moms

Noisy little nugget

So my LO is sleeping in a bassinet next to the bed, but she is such a noisy sleeper that it doesn't allow my hubby and I to get much rest when she is actually asleep. I don't want to move her to the crib yet but feeling like I might have to. Anyone else experiencing this? How young is too young, in your opinion, for the crib?? LO is 3 weeks.

Re: Noisy little nugget

• DS1 was a noisy sleeper. We used a noise machine to cover his grunting. We moved him to the crib in his own room at 7 weeks old.
    DS2 will probably be in our room longer only because the boys will be sharing a room & I don't trust DS1 to not climb into the crib.
  • The only reason DD (4 weeks tomorrow) isn't in a crib in her room is because I don't want her crying & potentially waking up DS (3 years next month) all night long.

If you can hear your baby crying from the crib so you can get up with her then I wouldn't think any age would be unsafe. My pediatrician is really big on the baby being far enough away so every little grunt & noise doesn't wake the parents up. But she's in a pack & play right outside our bedroom door for the reason I said above.

• Loading the player...
  • hab83hab83 member
    Yes, my little guy is noisy, too! He also won't sleep anywhere else but with me, so we've been camping out on the couch for the last 4 weeks. I'm so exhausted. I cannot wait until he's old enough to learn some self-soothing and starts to sleep on his own.
  • yeah, the grunting and squeaking is driving me nuts, but when i put her in the crib she won't sleep as long...
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Same. She's so loud. How does such a little person make so much noise? My husband, annoyingly, sleeps through it all too. I have no advice. She's definitely getting moved to her own room sooner rather than later but I'm trying to hold out a few more weeks.
  • DS1 was a very noisey sleeper. I moved him to the crib at 2 wks old. One of my girlfriends didn't even put her son in their room. DS2 is going straight to the crib!
  • Thanks ladies, you all make me feel a little less guilty about putting her into her crib. I didn't think it was going to be so hard, I don't want her to!!! But this crap sleep every night just isn't going to cut it. :(
  • I wear ear plugs at night. It drowns out the grunting and squeeks, but I can still hear her cry.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• My DS was in his crib at 3 weeks for the same reason. We just put the monitor on loud! He was always happy in his crib, which was a blessing :)

• DS was moved to his crib on the far side of the house before he was 2 weeks old because he refused to sleep in a bassinet. As long as you can still hear them cry (we have a video monitor), I see no issue. He's a loud little grunter too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hab83hab83 member
    I just want to know how you all get your LOs to sleep in a crib at all! I'm so jealous.
  • We have a little one who prefers sleeping on/with a person, but will do ok in the rock'n'play ... Bought one when he was three days old and it's been a life saver. We wrap him in an AA swaddle blanket, but him in the rock'n'play and turn on the vibrations. At first he would only sleep 2 hours at a time, but now at 2.5 weeks he's made it up to 3.5-4 hours!

We keep the rock'n'play in the living room during the day for napping, and in his room at night. We 'll probably switch to the crib in a month or two.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD is so loud it's annoying. I can't get her to sleep in the crib yet either. She's 3 weeks. I had DD #1 in her crib by four weeks and I don't think that's going to happen here. We only have two bedrooms and the two girls have to share, so who knows what we are going to do with DD #2. Right now she's in the RNP and we move it all over the house.

@ashleysyn2 That siggy pic is too cute! I love it and love the Adens. How is your DD adjusting to the new babies?
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• DD sleeps in the crib in her room and I sleep on a sleeping pad on the floor. It sounds a lot more uncomfortable than it is. I actually really like the firmness right now. I too have a noisy little nugget and she sounds like a little elephant at times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"