Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Super Erratic Temps

Ok so I've been charting my temps for a little while and all I can really say about it is my temps are so freaking erratic. Like one day it could be 96.1 and the next it's 96.9 and then the next day it's 95.9. My chart looks like a mountain range. I don't really know if I'm doing something wrong or if my body is just really super effed up. I take my temp every morning around the same time when my alarm goes off (I let myself sleep an extra 15 mins on weekends, woo!). 

Anyone have any insight, or tips?
imageimage

Re: Super Erratic Temps

• Options
    Are you temping vaginally? Some find that helps with the temps. I also have very up and down temps but I still find that I can see a shift.
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Options
    pippacricketpippacricket member
    edited July 2014
    My chart looks like that as well. As long as you can see a clear shift to indicate you ovulated, it's fine. 

Are you taking your temperature orally or vaginally? Some ladies find that vaginal temping gives them better results.
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were the same way. I was using a bbt thermometer from walgreens and switch to the relion brand from Walmart and it's been much better. Also if you are a mouth breather that could mess with temps. Next cycle you could try temping vaginally, I hear that helps.
  • Options
    I'm doing it orally... I don't really see a shift. I haven't been doing it for very long, so maybe it will regulate a little?

For a little background: I had an IUD for 4.5 years, had it out in march, been bleeding since april with about 4 days here and there with no bleeding or spotting at all.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Can you link your chart?

ETA I just reread what you wrote. So you've been bleeding since April? You might not be seeing a shift because you might not have ovulated yet. I never had an IUD but yes I think your body is still regulating itself. 
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    image  image  image
  • Options
    I don't know how...
    And i'm an IT professional.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I think in the top post, READ THIS BEFORE..., there are instructions on how to link your chart. And I had crazy temps while my nose was stuffed up and I was mouth breathing, so I switched to vaginal temping.
  • Options
    starree444starree444 member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    You're only on CD17 so you just may not have ovulated yet.
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    image  image  image
  • Options
    I literally don't even really know what cd I'm on due to bleeding for 4 months, so I don't know if that's even correct. It's just FF saying what it thinks I should be on.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just entered that i was bleeding and FF made the assumption. I don't know how to change it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I just entered that i was bleeding and FF made the assumption. I don't know how to change it.
    Well if you've only been charting for 17 days then that's all that FF has to go by. Hence why it thinks you're on CD17. 
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    image  image  image
  • Options
    Well if you've only been charting for 17 days then that's all that FF has to go by. Hence why it thinks you're on CD17. 
    Well hopefully as I keep entering data it will work itself out? 

I do have OPKs but I don't really know when I should be using them to test.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Budders12 said:
    Ah gotcha, so that's just when you started entering information. I guess just keep temping and observing. If you start to get fertile CM or the bleeding stops, maybe start OPKs then. 

ETA if you want to change it reflect your full cycle you can go back to April and enter in your period for the first day you got it. (Since you don't have temps and you've been bleeding since it's not necessary, but just an FYI since you said you weren't sure.)
    I can't really tell if I have any CM because of the blood, honestly.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Your temps aren't that crazy, but I would see a doc on the bleeding
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"