September 2014 Moms

Stupid swollen feet

I've managed to make it this far (33 weeks today) with minimal swelling, just my feet at the end of the day.  After I lie down for an hour, the swelling goes down and I'm good.  I woke up yesterday morning with puffy feet, left foot worse than right foot, and it got worse during the course of the day.  I've had a lingering headache for the past 3 days as well, so I decided if the swelling didn't go away this morning, I would call the OB.  This morning, my blood pressure starting creeping up, so I definitely called the doctor.  Since the swelling is improving with rest and water, she's not immediately concerned but now I have to do a 24-hour urine.  She also said to back away from the BP monitor as it might be stressing me out, leading to higher readings.  

I'm not in any immediate danger, but for a moment this morning, I was really scared.  I guess I just needed to vent.  Thanks for reading.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid swollen feet

• slowmoslowmo member
    I'm glad you called your doctor. Sorry you have to do the 24-hr urine -- I'm sure that's a pain at home! There is a such thing as too much monitoring -- I used to make my BP rise with the power of my own anxiety. :) Relax and put those feet up!
  • What is a 24 hour urine?
  • Loading the player...
  • definitely keep your feet up as much as you're able too girl! I agree staying away from the BP monitor is good, or cut down on how many times you check.

hope you feel better soon and those LOs stay snuggled in there a bit longer!
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • 24 hour urine is where you have to collect all your urine in a container for 24 hours. They check for protein. It is to test for preeclampsia.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• My feet, all the way up to my knees, have been swollen at the end of the day. I'm 32 weeks. I started eating a big cucumber at least once a day. It has helped. Watermelon is supposed to work also.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Thanks @doeie04 that sounds.... pleasant...

I've had some swelling in my feet, but my BP has been nice and low around 110-120 so all is good so far!

Good Luck to you ladies and I hope all works out well.
  • I too ran into this scare but my 24 hour urine came back just fine. Hoping the same for you.

One thing I do to combat swelling is take microfiber cloths (the larger ones), get them damp and throw them in the freezer. Right before they freeze up solid, I unroll them and wrap them around my feet. It feels amazing!

Jess & Jason | DSS 8 | DSD 6
    VR 4/20/2013 | BFP 1/5/2014 | Baby Girl EDD 9/9/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"