April 2015 Moms

Holding onto hope... update

I went in yesterday for a blood test to get my hormone levels checked after bleeding monday night/tuesday morning.  My levels were over 17,000.  I talked with my doctor and we agreed that I could get an ultrasound done because I am a very anxious person and need to know what's going on.  Well, I had my ultrasound this afternoon.  We saw the sac and something inside.  The tech said she even saw a heartbeat.  She couldn't say much else, but she printed off a picture for me to bring home and said I could call the doctor in an hour.  I called and talked to the nurse.  I am still waiting for the on-call doc. to call me back as my midwife has off today but the nurse told me that I was pregnant with twins and lost one, but still have the other.  I am relieved and sad at the same time.  But looks like it won't be farewell for me!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers!  They worked!

BFP #1: 8/13/12 Azalea Mae born via c-section 4/27/13
BFP #2: 7/20/14 Twins -loss #1 7/29/14 loss #2 8/20/14 D&C 8/22/14
BFP #3: 11/18/14 EDD: 7/22/15
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit my store on Storenvy

Re: Holding onto hope... update

• I had that with my first pregnancy. They called it a vanishing twin. I spotted in the begining and was put on progesterone. Have a healthy 2yr old girl now. They told me the other one never developed and stopped growing before 5 weeks. Apparently vanishing twins are not that uncommon. Hope the rest goes well for you! Just wanted to share my shared experience that ended well :)
  • I'm sorry for your loss but am glad that you still have one sweet baby in there!
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• Loading the player...
  • That's really interesting.  I haven't heard on something like that before.  Thanks for sharing!

• Wow what a blessing!! Let us know what the doctor says. Glad you're still with us!
  • I'm still new here but really glad that you'll be sticking around :) congrats as well as condolences.
  • Glad you are going to be sticking with us!
  • I am sorry that you lost the twin, but so happy for you that the other baby is growing

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sorry but yay for the healthy baby!
    imageimage
  • Wow. What an emotional day for you! I'm really happy to hear you have a growing baby. I'm so sorry for your loss though.
  • well, got confirmation that I am 6 weeks and 2 days.  due date is March 25..

• So sorry. How amazing to see a heartbeat though!
  • Very sorry! But glad you get to hang around here and have another healthy baby!
  • Sorry for the loss, but yay for the sticky baby! Will continue to pray. Take care.
    Baby #1: EDD:  5/31/08   DD born sleeping due to severe preeclampsia at 22 weeks 1/26/08
    Baby #2: EDD:  4/28/09   DS#1
    Baby #3: EDD:  5/26/11   DS#2
    Baby #4  EDD:  4/1/2015 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"