February 2015 Moms

Registry questions and other things

So I will get straight to the point, I have started our baby registry yesterday and I have been editing the list so far. I am using babies r us right now and they have a list on what to have. I went through the list yesterday and it seems a bit too much for a registry especially if people are buying them for you as a gift. Any ideas on what should we really get? Did anyone else start their registry early and edit the list? I am at 12 weeks and i am planning to send out the registry list when i am about 20 weeks or so, so we have a bit of time to add or remove things that are not really needed.

Also, I just had my NT done today. Saw the little human be a little stubborn and finicky and also wave at me, the tech had to poke my belly just to get baby turn so she can get a measurement done. So glad to see him/her still have a heartbeat at 144. Is it safe to have your own doppler at home just to check baby daily?

Re: Registry questions and other things

• I highly recommend the most recent Baby Bargains book. It helped us so much with our first when we went to register. It tells you about all sorts of baby items, ratings and prices. It's really excellent. I would read it first and then do your registry. Most people wait until after they find out the sex but you can certainly go whenever you want.

Home dopplers are totally fine. Just don't freak out if you can't always find the heartbeat!
  • Oem617Oem617 member
    You don't need half the stuff on the list BRU provides. So much useless stuff. They are just trying to sell stuff. The Baby Bargains book is a great tool, like pp said. And I changed my registry many times. Stuff also goes out of stock so you will probably keep changing them. I started with large stuff and did small stuff later on.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Where do i get the book? can i see it online?
  • smcfatesmcfate member
    edited July 2014
    Google "Lucie's List". I found it incredibly helpful for registering.
  • Oem617Oem617 member
    Where do i get the book? can i see it online?

You can get it on Amazon. It's like $9.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

• Baby Bargains is awesome! I am only to the cribs, and already I feel so much better about registering. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i just saw lucie's list, pretty much verified what i already have in my registry.

Anyway, random question. In regards to feeding supplies, i am planning to breast feed until i cannot breast feed anymore. Should I just register for breast feeding supplies (I registered for the kiinde breastfeeding system, BRU has a newborn gift set) and for bottles for bottle feeding just in case?
  • smcfate said:
    Google "Lucie's List". I found it incredibly helpful for registering.
    I agree - I started poking around Lucie's List and it was really helpful to me in terms of freaking out a lot less!
    It was helpful, i am freaking out less. LOL. I still need to find a better baby tub than the one i have in the registry, we live in a small space.
  • i just saw lucie's list, pretty much verified what i already have in my registry.

Anyway, random question. In regards to feeding supplies, i am planning to breast feed until i cannot breast feed anymore. Should I just register for breast feeding supplies (I registered for the kiinde breastfeeding system, BRU has a newborn gift set) and for bottles for bottle feeding just in case?
    Yes. Especially if you have to /plan to pump. Dont open them until you need tho so you can return if necessary.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

I have seen some people on here say some insurance companies pay for it or renting one from the hospital until you know what works for you.
  • mmariel said:
    i just saw lucie's list, pretty much verified what i already have in my registry.

I have seen some people on here say some insurance companies pay for it or renting one from the hospital until you know what works for you.
    Thankfully a SIL is handing over her breast pump to me. Of course i will still have to buy new tubing for hygiene purposes, so that helps. I was actually thinking of renting one or just getting a manual one.
  • I couldn't breast feed so I had to go out last minute in search of different bottles. Some bottles my daughter liked and some she wouldn't take so I would suggest getting a small variety of all kinds of bottles. Just one or two of a brand will do. That way you're prepared either way. And also call your insurance company to see if you can get a free breast pump from them so you can know which brand of supplies you'll need to register for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Yes. Especially if you have to /plan to pump. Dont open them until you need tho so you can return if necessary.
    Lucie's list mentioned something about having formula milk on hand (not opened) too just in case I cannot breastfeed, so should i just keep the gift set of bottles unopened til then?

It's best to do both just in case. BF doesn't always work out. It's best to be prepared and not need it than to need it and not be prepared. Besides, if you pump you'll need bottles anyway. S/N: make sure you have nipple cream and leak guards/nursing pads. You get sore and you leak, a lot sometimes.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oem617Oem617 member

If you go to the websites of formula brands, sign up and they will send you free samples. I got like 5 cans (if not more) from different brands. You can always donate them if needed.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

• jazzmhin08jazzmhin08 member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you all so much for your input. I have been editing my registry since i started this discussion. 

One last thing, any suggestions for a baby tub? we live in an apartment, so space is a concern. we only have one sink in the kitchen. Kitchen is not that big either, so i am thinking most likely i will give baby a bath on the bathroom sink (which is outside the toilet and bathtub). Would prefer a bath tub that can grow with baby too.
  • Find one with a hook. You can just hang it on the curtain rod or towel bar when you're done with it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I also agree with the Baby Bargains book. I borrowed it from a friend after she had her daughter, and it was really helpful, especially with all the ratings and descriptions of such a variety of products.

I am a SAHM, and I BF my son, but I did find it useful to have a pump and bottles in case I wanted to go out for a few hours and have someone else feed DS. I got a single electric pump because I wasn't planning on using it much, but I did borrow a friend's Medela PISA (she had issues with her milk not coming in so she didn't get to use her pump) and it was a great pump. See if your insurance will cover a pump since they are expensive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"