December 2014 Moms

help!

Well we havent had gas for over a month cause of short money till we paid anyways they came today to turn it back on and they found a gas leak!!! Im freaking out i dont know how long we've had it i have never smelled gas or nothing around the house. They didnt even turn it back on because they didnt know from where it was coming from i am so scared that i might of been extremly expoused. I havent had any symoptoms nether anyone around the house, they didnt put the gas back on is it safe? what should i do? Do i go to the doctor to get checked out?

Best Answers

• abcmom12abcmom12 member
    Answer ✓
    gas is given a scent so you can smell it in case of a leak.  that you didn't smell it, suggests it happened while it was off.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• BdblZBdblZ member
    Answer ✓
    Ditto above post - you would have smelled it. If you are still concerned, call your doc
  • Loading the player...
  • CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    Answer ✓
    Oh yes. . I am on mobile and based on your post history it appears you are newer.

Welcome and congrats!

Test

Answers

• Thank you all i was really worried about this
  • I am more worried that you can't afford your utilities and you have a winter baby due.

• CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited July 2014
    BankerBSN said:

I am more worried that you can't afford your utilities and you have a winter baby due.

@BankerBSN‌ - Maybe she lives in Chicago where they aren't allowed to turn off your heat in the winter. ;)

Test
  • BankerBSN said:

I am more worried that you can't afford your utilities and you have a winter baby due.

@BankerBSN‌ - Maybe she lives in Chicago where they aren't allowed to turn off your heat in the winter. ;)

This is the exact reason I never pay my People's Gas bill in the winter months!

I am totally sticking it to the man.

• I live in california and only reason it wasnt paid was because our o.p box returned our mail and we werent aware till few days later
  • Sarai1250 said:

I live in california and only reasonp it wasnt paid was because our o.p box returned our mail and we werent aware till few days later

Can I recommend automatic bill pay or receiving statements electronically?

Test
  • BankerBSN said:
    I live in Atlanta. The gas ONLY gives us heat, everything else is electric. We survived 5 years without heat from the furnace, and only turned it back on because we had a new AC and furnace installed and well, I wanted to use it, damnit, lol
  • Sarai1250 said:

I live in california and only reason it wasnt paid was because our o.p box returned our mail and we werent aware till few days later

Are you in SoCal? Did the Gas Co tell you if the leak was inside or outside? Did they attempt to find the leak? They should have tried to locate the leak. If they didn't you need to call them and Make A fuss for them to come back out. Hopefully you don't need a plumber. GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"