Multiples
Options

**Sweater**

Did you do in-patient monitoring for your twins?  What week did you go in?  I only ask because my doctor is encouraging me to make a decision about when to go in (after meeting with perinatologist and the neonatal team).  I know everyone's different but jI'm ust looking for some perspective. 

Re: **Sweater**

• Options

I went in just after 24 weeks. The peri's wanted me to wait a few weeks (in case they had to be delivered, they don't wear their "positive-pants") but the neonatal team convinced us that 24 weeks would be best. They always want to try and save a baby ya know.?

Hey...they gave me some GREAT advice. Ya know...if something happens, and you end up delivering SUPER early (24-28wks) they said to let them try to save the babies. You have the decision after that point what to do. They told me they'd do a complete work up and give us a report/statistics, and we as parents have the final decision (ie, take them off life support).

I was so torn...what if I went in at 24 wks and the babies went into distress, and they were born so early etc etc...but then how could I live with myself waiting and losing them. I would always think I could've saved them. This way you'll never wonder "what if..."?

totally my opinion, and what made my decision.?

• Options
    Thanks!  Yeah, my doctors have not been wearing their "positive pants" so far, at all.  It's so hard to decide but I hope meeting with the peri and neonatal team will help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are your babies mono/mono????
  • Options

They can't find the membrane and they are only seeing one placenta so unless they find out differently, they are treating my case as mono/mono.  I know it's still early so I have my fingers crossed that the peri can find the membrane.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"