Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

alcohol?

I found out on Tuesday that my baby does not have a heartbeat....I am completely devastated. I have not begun to miscarry and am scheduled for a D&C next Wednesday. I am going to a wedding this weekend and would like have a glass of wine as this has been very stressfyl. Does anyone know if this is okay?

Re: alcohol?

• I'm sorry for your loss...as far as having a drink that is a personal decision.  When I found out I was devastated and wanted to get plastered but the thought of drinking made me feel guilty because there were times during the pregnancy when I would have KILLED for a drink. However, if you choose to have a drink I'm sure nobody would hold it against you.  I would not drink though if you are on any type of medication that recommends that you avoid alcohol.
  • farniegalfarniegal member
    edited August 2014
    I have had a few glasses of wine since finding out I lost my baby. I refrained from drinking while I was taking the prescribed misoprotol and Vicodin for pain. If you are not on medication that advises against drinking, and your doctor has not told you to refrain from alcohol, then drinking inn moderation should not be an issue.

Any alcohol and potential hangover will have long since cleared your system by Wednesday.

I'm so sorry for your loss. T&P
    Me - 35 DH - 41
    TTC 06.03.2013 
    BFP 06.15.2014  EDD 02.25.2015  MMC 07.07.2014 Miso 07.18.2014 
                                                                 August TTCAL Siggy Challenge : WTF Tattoos
    image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.  Certainly no one would judge you for having a drink or two- it's a personal decision for you to make.  I know I really wanted to, but MH talked me out of because alcohol thins your blood, and I had a D&C scheduled.  ((HUGS)) to you.  
  • Have you had your preop interview/counseling yet? Bc you could call the dr office or hospital registration and ask them what would be ok to not thin your blood too much on wed. For ex they told me I could only take Tylenol and no Advil the day before bc the latter thins blood.
  • Have you had your preop interview/counseling yet? Bc you could call the dr office or hospital registration and ask them what would be ok to not thin your blood too much on wed. For ex they told me I could take Tylenol and not advil the day before bc the latter thins your blood.
  • I called them yesterday and they said it would be okay to have some wine since my procedure is not until Wednesday. At my appointment on Tuesday, they took my blood and talked to me about the procedure in place of a pre-op. I think I should call again on Monday as I wasn't in the best emotional state that day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"