February 2015 Moms
Options

Noooo! Insomnia!

Help! I will be 11 weeks on Saturday and over the last week or so I have been waking up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep for at least an hour and a half to two hours. I can't stand it! Has this happened to anyone else? Do you have tips for either falling back to sleep or not waking up in the middle of the night at all? Anyone know why this happens? I figure it's hormones, all the things on our minds, weird middle-of-the-night hunger/nausea, or some combo. Thank you!

Re: Noooo! Insomnia!

• Options
    lizjennings81lizjennings81 member
    edited July 2014
    It's been happening to me a lot. I get up to use the bathroom at around 3:30 and sometimes I'm up the rest of the night. It's not like I have a lot of worries, but my mind is going a mile a minute. And I get thirsty/hungry while I'm awake.

I listen to relaxation tapes to help get me back to sleep. If that doesn't work, I focus on my breathing, but that's really hard. Finally, my last resort? I sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" in my head. Forces you to center since you're counting down. Silly, but it can work.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    I'm dealing with it too. Right now, when I finally get into a deep sleep, I wake up to a 3 year old yelling "wake up mama, I'm hungry" at 7am.

Part of the reason I wake up (besides pregnancy) is DH gets up early for work and an early run (4/4:30am). He is as quiet as can be, but I always wake up and I think Mr body it getting used to it.

Try exercising and not taking naps during the day. Pee rifts before going to bed. Sorry, that's all I got. Hope it helps.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It has been really bad for me lately! I am up for the day after my 4am pee:( my doc said to keep a bottle of Tylenol PM by the bed and take that at my first middle of the night pee so when I get up at 4 I am still sleepy. That way it is out of my system when I get up for the day at 8. Good luck!
    TTC 31\2 years
    20 medicated cycles of some kind, 8 failed IUIs (every med combo possible) 
    5/14/14 IVF # 1, 6dp5dt BFP,  
    Betas 8dp5dt- 67, 14dp -670, 17dp -1761, 20dp-4858, 27dp-28,800
    6/11/14 6w3d Twins!!! - EDD Feb 1st

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    agm04agm04 member
    Yep insomnia is terrible.  I have to be at work by 7 am so it's really killing me.  For me, a change of scenery usually helps.  I've been moving into our guest room and can usually fall asleep faster (not fast, just faster) than if I stayed in our bed.  The good news is that on nights you can sleep through the night, it's amazing to wake up and realize it happened.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    srcr2011 said:

I'm dealing with it too. Right now, when I finally get into a deep sleep, I wake up to a 3 year old yelling "wake up mama, I'm hungry" at 7am.

Part of the reason I wake up (besides pregnancy) is DH gets up early for work and an early run (4/4:30am). He is as quiet as can be, but I always wake up and I think Mr body it getting used to it.

Try exercising and not taking naps during the day. Pee rifts before going to bed. Sorry, that's all I got. Hope it helps.

I hate it when DH gets up early for a run! I actually started putting his running clothes in the bathroom the night before so he doesn't wake me up opening and closing drawers.

And ditto the whole "no naps during the day" advice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Options
    I have had the same problem the last 2 weeks. I wake up between 2:30-4:30 and then can't get back to sleep after I get up to pee. So irritating!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"