Parenting

PR This thread is for toddlers who stopped eating breakfast

credcat7credcat7 member
edited July 2014 in Parenting
About a week ago Sammie stopped being the kids who loved breakfast and I am not sure if I should be concerned or just wait it out. Day care says she eats a good lunch. Is this normal?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: PR This thread is for toddlers who stopped eating breakfast

• DS has been acting the same way the last few weeks.  DH gives him breakfast and has told me on numerous days he won't eat anything before daycare.  On weekends he seems to eat better and on random weekdays, like yesterday, too.  It's odd, but I figure he knows if he is hungry and he is eating normally the rest of the day, so I don't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup. I'm lucky if she takes a bite. She will down her entire sippy of milk though. I just save her breakfast for a snack in 2 hours. My 2 yr old is a giant and very verbal (bossy.)So I'm not concerned about growth. She will let me know if she's hungry.
    Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't press breakfast. She eats a good lunch and dinner. Some days she will eat it and some says she won't. It's not a battle I fight since we have so many other food battles.

I will say that she likes the go-gurts and those have become breakfast recently.

Does she just not like breakfast food or just not hungry?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't press breakfast. She eats a good lunch and dinner. Some days she will eat it and some says she won't. It's not a battle I fight since we have so many other food battles. I will say that she likes the go-gurts and those have become breakfast recently. Does she just not like breakfast food or just not hungry?
    This.  If he eats, great, if not thats fine too.  I know he gets snack in the morning at daycare and he eats a bigger lunch than I do ususally so its not worth it to me to force the issue. 

In our house, I freeze go-gurts and he thinks they are ice cream.  That is our go-to afternoon snack every day when we get home.  He can even open the freezer and get it out himself now. 

• Our pedi has said the number one thing is to offer healthy stuff and not get into making other things because 'she will only eat Mac and cheese/cheerios/chicken nuggets" whatever - offer something healthy, and when they are hungry they'll eat what's available. Some days DD eats a whole banana and two frozen waffles, other days she hardly eats anything but it's good to let them listen to their body and eat what they want as long as you aren't setting up bad habits.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"