February 2015 Moms
Options

Intro/ Rant

Hello y'all I'm Kaitlin and though I'm just now introducing myself, I have been reading a lot of your discussions over the past 7 weeks or so! I'm 12w3d and married to a Marine. I've been nervous to make an intro because this is my first baby and I've had a rough go at things. So far 3 diagnosed UTI's, food poisoning from Subway at 8w which landed me in the hospital for 4 days and eventually turned into Sepsis which earned me a stay in the ICU. I almost lost mine and the baby's life and it was terrifying. Morning sickness which I like to call "all day sickness" has tormented me from week 5 and now I'm on meds to keep me from losing anymore weight. Zofran is my best friend at this point. So with all of that said, I don't want anyone to think I am ungrateful for the little miracle inside me because I am beyond elated to welcome our first baby. I have seen many losses in the F15 community and for all that have experienced a loss I am so terribly sorry. I wake up everyday happy to be pregnant but definitely could use some advice on how to manage depression or even just support. I have a long road ahead and I look forward to hearing from many happy, healthy moms and babies after the New year!

Re: Intro/ Rant

• Options
    Congrats, welcome and wow! That tiny seed is putting you though the rounds. I'm sorry you've gone through so much but in so happy that you're still here. I manage my feelings by writing them down or talking them out. Beyond that, I have nothing but good luck.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Anything helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CogDisCogDis member
    Hi @katieohbaby18‌, welcome!

I've found regular moderate exercise keeps depression at bay. Fast walking or swimming are great.

I also know that nutrition and depression are highly correlated. If you're not getting enough food or enough of the necessary nutrients you'll be at a higher risk of depression. So, as hard as it is with M/S, try keep your eating up, especially after your recent history with Subway!

Good luck and looking forward to hearing more from you on here!
  • Options
    @CogDis‌ thank you so much! Huge help!

• Options
    Bless your heart, welcome and congrats, and I hope the next trimester is very healthy and boring

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg‌ Thank you so much! I'm definitely praying for a boring second trimester!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Hang in there, mama! It does get better!
  • Options
    Not gonna lie. I read your post with a southern twang in my head. I think it's because it started with "y'all". ;)
    Sounds like you've had it pretty rough since the beginning! I'm so sorry! But you're hangin tough and sounds like you're doing a good job at maintaining! Keep it up and welcome to F15!

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited July 2014
    Oh my what a rough start! Hoping 2nd tri is
    a bit less uneventful! Congrats :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Congrats and hang in there!!
  • Options
    You have had a rough go of things so far. Welcome to our board, here's to an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to Feb15! Hope things will get better soon mama! Your almost out of the first tri blues.
  • Options
    OMG you poor thing. I hope things turn around for you soon. If you feel like you're really depressed, it might be worth talking to your doctor. I've heard that for some women, PPD can being in pregnancy. If nothing else, it's a good thing for them to watch.

I personally find writing down exactly what I'm feeling in the moment really helpful. Sometimes I write down horrible things I'm afraid of or mad about that I could never bring myself to say out loud. Sometimes it's in a journal, sometimes in a word doc, sometimes on a scrap of paper I tear up and throw out in different trash cans around the city so no one could ever put it back together again. Just getting it out without having to say it makes me feel a lot better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options
    Eeek, quite the start to your pregnancy, I hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out.

Welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry first trimester has been so hard on you. Hopefully things start to get better. I would talk to your OB or a mental health professional about the depression your experiencing. They would be the best at advising you on how to handle it. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @katieohbaby18

Welcome!! I sure hope things make a positive turn around soon for you! I was diagnosed with depression about 8 years ago and have been taking medication since. Zoloft is a recommended medication for this during pregnancy. Of course there are other ways to combat depression like exercising or counseling. I sure hope you're able to find something that works for you. In the meantime, chin up beautiful!

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Welcome! I hope 2nd trimester gets better for you. My sister was on meds for ms her whole pregnancy, and I hope that won't be the case for you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a history of depression too. I was on welbutrin for a while but was taken off them last year when my doctor determined I didn't need them anymore. I've been happy as a clam ever since. But since finding out that I am pregnant, I have felt myself trying to fall back into depression every now and again due to the hormones. So, whenever I feel like that, I always eat two or three pieces of a Hershey bar. The chocolate has a natural chemical that helps release endorphins that make you feel happy. Its helped me out a lot and may help you too. Congrats and welcome to F15!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"