Infertility

6dp3dt very anxious

Hi Everyone, I am new here.  My husband and I are in the midst of our first fresh IVF cycle. I have endo and low AMH (0.5) and my husband's sperm is good except for slightly low motility. As expected, I didn't respond super well to the stim meds. I was on 300 iu of Gonal-F and 75 iu of Menopur. They got only four eggs, all of which were mature and three fertilized. We transferred two "perfect" 8 cells on 7/25. The other was a 9 cell at day 3 and ended up making it to blast but was really low quality so they didn't freeze it.  This is the only cycle paid for by our insurance. I feel like I can't think of anything else. The doctor's gave us 40-50% odds of this working. I'm not going to POAS because I don't want any grey area. My beta is on Monday and I feel like I dread it. Starting on about 4dp3dt I have been thirstier than usual. I've also had some mild uterus cramping. Does anyone have experience good or bad that is similar to my situation?

*early loss mentioned*
Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
DH: 38   dx: normal
Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
Started TTC Aug. 2012 
BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
June '14 AMH level 0.5 
IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

Re: 6dp3dt very anxious

• Welcome.  For my first IVF cycle, I was also working with a low number.  By day 3, there were only 2 surviving embryos to transfer.  I am staunchly against HPT's.  I can't see any good coming from POAS - not for me anyway - so I back you 100% there.
    I don't remember having any symptoms during the 2WW, but I got a BFP with a beta over 100.

I don't have a truly happy ending.  Looking at your signature, I think my loss was similar to your early loss.  But I can say that I was pregnant, however briefly, and I feel very strongly that you can get your BFP and make it stick with this cycle.  

The only thing you can do now is wait.  Try to find something to preoccupy your mind, so you don't drive yourself crazy.  Maybe get into a book you've been wanting to read, or binge watch a t.v. series you've been meaning to watch.  Go for long walks - garden - cook - Just try not to worry too much, and resist the urge to pee on things.  (Mostly sticks, but it's sound advice in general, to limit the number things that will be touched by your urine).

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome.  I think we can all relate to the way you are feeling.  It sucks, but good luck!

Also, did you create a signature or just type that info into the bottom of your message?  If you need to make a siggy, go here: https://forums.thebump.com/profile/signature.

Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • I am in between ER and ET, so I can't give a similar story.  I did want to with you good luck.  Hoping for a good beta on Monday.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Welcome to the board! I am anxious as well. This is IVF #2 for us. We only got 3 eggs, 2 fertilized. We did a 2dt of those two. Good luck :)

All Welcome :)

imageimage

***Losses mentioned***

***TTC since June 2011
    ***DH to see urologist Feb. 2013
    ***BFP #1: Feb. 2nd, 2013; M/C #1: Feb. 12th, 2013 5w3d :'(
    ***1st RE appt. April 10th, 2013
    ***IUIs #1-4 all failed
    ***IVF Consult October 7th, 2013
    ***IVF #1- January 2014: ER 1/20, ET of 2 embryos 1/23, Beta 2/5 *none to freeze*

***Feb 14th, 2014- M/C #2 @ 5w5d :'(

***RPL Bloodwork---- diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and MTHFR

***appt. w/ Genetic Counselor- April 18th

***hysteroscopy/laparoscopy scheduled for May 22nd- looks good

***IVF #2- July 2014

***7/26 Retrieval- 3 eggs :( , 2 fertilized :), none to freeze

***7/28 ET- 2dt of 2 embryos, stick little embies!!!

***8/11 beta- BFN :(

***WTF- DE IVF best option now

***DE IVF- January 2015

imageimage

imageimage

imageMissing my 5 angels

• gnl42gnl42 member
    *warning*

I also had some cramping on and off and still do, but not sure how my story will end (my beta came back very low initially). I drink a ton of water all the time, so not sure if I would have noticed thirst.

I did POAS before beta, but even after beta - I'm still in the "grey area". So... Beta isn't necessarily always definitive. The waiting is hard. It's especially hard on me now bc I'm technically pregnant, but still at high risk of this not working out. Ugh!

I know what you mean about dreading beta. It's easy to expect to hear bad news. Hang in there! I hope yours will come back as a very non-grey area positive.
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
  • Thanks everyone so much for the responses. I wish you all the absolute best of luck as well. 

gnl42, I'm sure that is so tough still not knowing. I would say it looks pretty promising. I was told that they want it above 20 10dpt so you were just about there then tripled in two days. I will be waiting to hear what it is tomorrow.

*early loss mentioned*
    Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
    DH: 38   dx: normal
    Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
    Started TTC Aug. 2012 
    BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
    Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
    April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    June '14 AMH level 0.5 
    IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
    IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
    IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
    DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

• *******warning*******

I don't have DOR but I did end up with a low rate of normal fertilization. Only 3 fertilized normally and of those, 1 arrested at the 3 cell stage. We ended up doing a 3dt of 2 8 cell mediocre and poor quality (grades 2 & 4). The wait was definitely hard and I planned to go beta or bust but I ended up not being able to wait it out. I was so certain that it didn't work until 8dp3dt and that morning I woke up just so sure so I POAS. I really didn't have any symptoms except a tiny bit of spotting at 6dp3dt (which may or may not have been implantation) and super sore boobs (likely from the progesterone). My symptoms really became noticeable around the day after my first beta at 12dp3dt.

Hang in there and keep yourself occupied! The entire thing is a waiting game. Even after the beta, then there is waiting for the US, etc. there's always something! Good luck and FX for a great beta!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"