February 2013 Moms

Things that go poop in the night.

Do your kids? I saw it mentioned in another thread and I realized that DS hasn't pooped at night or during a nap in at least a million years.

View Full Size Image
BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

Re: Things that go poop in the night.

• edited July 2014
    #SHOULDIPOTTYTRAINHIM zomg

ETA: Not but really, maybe I am underestimating him? 

View Full Size Image

• I don't remember the last time DD pooped at night either. I've always heard that when they wake up dry, that's a sign that they're ready to potty train, and we aren't quite there yet. That's only happened twice, usually her diaper is soaked in the morning.

• Loading the player...
  • Never overnight. I really don't think that she has pooped during a nap since she was under six months old.
  • We have fallen into a nice, regular poop routine lol. He poops a few minutes after breakfast, and usually once right before or after lunch. He is not bothered by a dirty diaper in the slightest, so on the rare occasions he has woken up with poo in the a.m. I have no idea when it's happened. He wakes up at his normal time regardless it seems. 
  • He doesn't poop at night but he occasionally poops during his nap. /:)

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• A few weeks ago she pooped about an hour after we laid her down for the night (she was still awake). That was annoying because I felt like she was staying up just to poop and hten got "rewarded" by the attention when we got her out of bed to change her. We were on vacation and everything was crazy, though. Things settled down once she got home.

For the last week, she has started going behind chairs or otherwise hiding to poop. It's really cute, but that's also supposed to be a sign of PT readiness. We just PTd DD1, I really don't want to do another one right now. :(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I got my kids mixed up in the other thread.  lol

I meant to say DD1.  It's my toddler who keeps pooping during naps.  The baby rarely does it.  DD2 usually poops within five minutes of eating a big meal, like clockwork.  She's also a hider.  It's crazy because since she hides to poop, I rarely know when it happens and then ten minutes later (once it's all smooshed into the cloth diaper) the smell hits me. 

• Okay, I'm glad that you said that about potty-training readiness and hiding Kelly. I didn't know that and DS definitely does that.

Also I am LOL-ing at @lilsebastian‌'s kid with a Russian accent. Bahahahaha!

View Full Size Image

• @TarheelMama202‌ - are you going to try it? We have a potty chair that has been in the den for awhile and my dd knows what it is for. I might move it by the real potty for awhile. I know it is early, but the less poopy diapers I have to spray during berry season the better!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• No poops during the night or naps for DD. Just this week she starting announcing when she has pooped. She did it at daycare yesterday and they said it was a sign of being ready to PT.

So last night we put her on the potty before bath, while I was peeing too. She sat on it which is a major upgrade from standing in it then trying to bite the seat.

After bath she ran down the hallway and stood there. She said something, pointed to her vagina and then peed on the carpet. Not great, but at least she recognized it was about to come out. Before she would look down in surprise when peeing in the tub.

I'm thinking it's way too early for PT but I think there are little baby steps we could do now to help make a smooth transition later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is a day pooper lol even as an itty bitty he never pooped in the night.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Sagen said:
    No night or nap poo, no PT anytime soon either.
    Samesies

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• DS will sometimes poop at night if he's not feeling well and is awake for ~30 or more minutes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"