August 2014 Moms
Options

Calling other cat owners

MallardDuckyMallardDucky member
edited July 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Can anyone relate

Pet, pet, love, purr, bite! All in the same 30secs lol.

She is still a little mad from being closed up in the bathroom yesterday, while we treated carpets.

Edit to clarify the bites were playful and not mean lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Calling other cat owners

• Options
    Cat&SCat&S member
    Yup. My girl kitty is bipolar. The boys just sleep all day.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    Ha, cats are ridiculous. One of mine was "hunting" the remote control this morning.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, my cat is a jerk.  He'll come up to you and rub on you, then turn and swat or bite you.  He also feels very entitled to sit wherever he wants and gets super pissy if you tell him to move.
  • Options

ooo a kitty thread! I have 2 and I love them. Mine was doing the purr purr bite/swat thing this morning.. But I was messing with him a little bit by tapping his paws. He loves to snuggle though, and comes up and lays down with his head in my neck, purring up a storm.

My girl cat is a priss.. and mean to my boy cat. She likes to chase him and swat the crap out of him.. But if he does it to her she hisses. So they chase eachother around the house.. and I hear hissing every so often when he corners her.

• Options
    I have two cats.  My boy cat hates everyone except me and DH.  He's a super snuggle bug with me, but when people come over he gets all pissy.  He's very vocal and will just howl at people.  He'll also rub on their feet and then flop belly up, but when they try to pet him he'll nip at them.  He'll also sit on the chairs in the kitchen and swat at people as they walk by.  I just tell people to not pet him.  

My girl cat is exactly what you think of when you think cat.  She's aloof and only wants pets on her schedule.  She never swats or bites, though.  She will meow insistently at you until you stop up the sink and make her her own water bowl out of it, or refresh her $70 filtered water bowl, or let her drink out of your cup (I never do).  She also begs DH for cheese whenever he's eating it (she doesn't bother with me because I don't support begging).  
  • Options
    If it's a soft nibble sort of bite and she goes back to licking you or purring then it's considered a "kiss" since cats can't feel licks.

If it's a bite and her ears start to go back/shelooks annoyed/ she starts flicking her tail then sshe's done being petted.

if it's playful then she may be ready to play.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    If it's a soft nibble sort of bite and she goes back to licking you or purring then it's considered a "kiss" since cats can't feel licks. If it's a bite and her ears start to go back/shelooks annoyed/ she starts flicking her tail then sshe's done being petted. if it's playful then she may be ready to play.
    9/10 this is my boy cat.
  • Options
    If it's a soft nibble sort of bite and she goes back to licking you or purring then it's considered a "kiss" since cats can't feel licks. If it's a bite and her ears start to go back/shelooks annoyed/ she starts flicking her tail then sshe's done being petted. if it's playful then she may be ready to play.
    The kitty we lost this past winter loved to nibble... she was so sweet!  Our male cat is a pissy biter though; he drives me nuts.
  • Options
    @jendem8‌ my cat has spurts where she nibbles and then she goes back to licking me then she goes into pissy biting. I have no idea what to expect with her. It's like one day she loves me the next she hates me but must be around me for some reason...I've just come to accept that she's a fat brat cat.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    +RBL++RBL+ member
    Sounds about right for my 2 boys!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lucy is totally in charge at the house. Otis defers to whatever she wants despite the fact that he is nearly 10x her size. 

If Lucy eats all of her food during the night and wants more she will hop into bed and snuggle for a minute. Then she demands pets for a few minutes and then she bites you right on the hairline on my forehead. It is the only time she ever bites there and I always know that she is out of food. It is really weird. 

Now Lucy has decided that many of these baby things are cat furniture. The stroller is totally a cat napping center. The mamaroo? It is her recliner. Seriously - she gets in it and watches tv with us. She is going to be really disappointed when she has to share!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    My cat is a lazy kitty. When I'm laying on the couch she likes to get up there and lay on me, and she'll start purring for a little bit. She'll play with our pup usually in the mornings, but that's about it. Right now, she's on her 14th nap of the day. She gives me love bites and then she'll kiss it.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    Allison7 said:
    Lucy is totally in charge at the house. Otis defers to whatever she wants despite the fact that he is nearly 10x her size. 

If Lucy eats all of her food during the night and wants more she will hop into bed and snuggle for a minute. Then she demands pets for a few minutes and then she bites you right on the hairline on my forehead. It is the only time she ever bites there and I always know that she is out of food. It is really weird. 

Now Lucy has decided that many of these baby things are cat furniture. The stroller is totally a cat napping center. The mamaroo? It is her recliner. Seriously - she gets in it and watches tv with us. She is going to be really disappointed when she has to share!

Yup, Felix too. He loooves to crib and pack n play. That's where he naps every day now.
  • Options
    Haha one of my cats will come up to you start rubbing up against your leg all happy as can be, then she starts sniffing your big toe (only ever that one) gives it a couple of licks to make you think she's sweet until she decides she is ready to chomp down on it. She's so sweet any other time just don't let her get near your feet for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"