July 2014 Moms
Options

Fitting into pre-pregnancy clothes

So, anyone have any luck fitting into their pre-pregnancy clothes? I am close to my pre-p weight and not even close to fitting into my jeans. For STMs, if you lost the baby weight, how long before you started fitting into your clothes? I'm giving up for the time being and embracing my flab securing maternity stuff for a little longer.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

Re: Fitting into pre-pregnancy clothes

• Options
    I'm 8 weeks PP and still not in my pre pregnancy pants. I'm 2 pants sizes up and 15 pounds up (gained 45 pounds total). I bought one pair of jeans and one pair of work pants in my new size. The maternity pants are too big now and I didn't want to wear sweats and yoga pants out showing off the baby.

My mom loves reminding me that she was back in her pre pregnancy pants 2 weeks after delivering me.....

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Options
    I'm in the shirts but only a few pairs of pants. And I feel like I have a muffin top, so there's that...
    Clearly my thighs and butt thought the baby was supposed to grow in there, too. I'm 4 weeks pp and I know it'll take a while, but I'm trying to get in a little exercise when I can here and there. I hate thinking I'll have to wear maternity clothes when I go back to work, but I don't have the courage to try on my nice work clothes yet!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hab83hab83 member
    4 weeks PP tomorrow and not able to wear pre-pregnancy pants/jeans. Not even the bigger sizes I had from before losing quite a bit of weight. It's like all the weight I gained went right to my hips. Sad.
  • Options
    i could put on my jeans at 1 week pp -- didn't try them before.  however, we have to remember that most jeans nowadays are mainly spandex ;)  they do roll over a bit at the top still, thanks to the muffin top, but otherwise fit fine. 

tops aren't happening because boobs... i'm so sad all of the cute bras i had that won't fit.  i'm keeping them in case i get back down to that size again though. 

all of my lazy wear fits.... sweats, night wear... hell, i had on a sleep jumper (shorts/cami thing) at 8 months pregnant!
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    HoshikitsuneHoshikitsune member
    edited July 2014
    1 week after birth I was fitting into my larger pre-pregnancy jeans.  I had gained about 10lbs prior to pregnancy.  Apparently, I was all babv.  Still have some weight to lose, about 10-15 lbs.
  • Options
    A week PP with my first I was back in my jeans, they were snug but I could stuff myself into them. A week PP this time and I am no where near being able to fit into them. I've also got 20 extra lbs to lose this time though.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    4 weeks PP and....hell no.

I'm cool with it. I've got about 17-18lbs to go.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    PP clothes yes, not all. PP jeans, nope. Well, I haven't tried since it is too hot for jeans but I know they don't yet fit. I am close to or at pp weight but still have a rather flabby tummy right now at almost 5 weeks pp.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm almost back to my starting weight (gained 35 pounds, about 5 to go), but my jeans aren't anywhere close to fitting. Can't get my thighs into them at all, and then my stomach is still puffy. Ill wondering if this is just going to be my new body type, and hoping that it isn't. I'm not going to try them back on for a couple weeks and see where I am then.
  • Options
    With my first it took two months. With this one, I lost weight through most of the pregnancy. I had just hit my prepregnancy weight the day he was born, and at two weeks pp, I can fit into a size below my prepregnancy jeans. However, everything fits really weird. My belly is still puffy but my thighs are smaller. It's weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm not. I'm into the pre-preg range of weight, and the last time I checked, I couldn't. No biggie, I just grew a tiny human;) it' all goes back, but I can't remember when it did last time- likely around 8 weeks because I don't remember having to buy more clothes. though a year later, preg. shorts were still comfy;)

imageimage"">

• Options
    I'm 20 lbs/ 2 pants sizes up from pre-pregnancy at 4 weeks postpartum.  I think it took a few months with my other kids to get back into my old size.  I'm not really stressing at this point.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 50 pounds this time and figure I've lost maybe half of it (we don't own a scale) but no shorts/pants will go over my thighs/butt. I remember it taking about 10-12 weeks to get back into all of my clothes after the boys and I'm just now 4 weeks PP, so I'm not worried...yet!
  • Options
    I'm almost 4 weeks pp and can fit into my pre pregnancy pants, however I still prefer to wear the maternity jeans because I feel like they hold in my lose gross stomach better then my regular jeans. Makes me feel a little better about myself.
  • Options
    clk723clk723 member
    I'm 3 weeks pp and afraid to try. I have around 10 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and can see it in my stomach. Maybe in another week I'll try a pair of pants so I know whether or not I need to buy any pants to wear when I go back to work.
  • Options
    4 Wks pp and down 27/50 lbs. no where near my pre pregnancy size or shape but I haven't been given the go ahead for working out yet because of year complications. Can't wait to get back on my yoga mat and do some planks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    3 weeks pp & I haven't touched my box of pre pregnancy clothes. I still have 20 lbs to go so it's going to be awhile
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    With DD it took a few months to get down to my pp weight but it took about 9 months for my pp jeans to fit. Loosing the weight was only part if the equation, i had to tone up too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Currently 1 month PP - I was back in pre-pregnancy jeans 6 days after, fitting in most of my clothes within 2-3 weeks although some tops and dresses are out for now because boob.

I'm perfectly happy the weight I'm at now (25-ish lb up on pre-baby weight) because I was underweight before at about 84lb and most stores for adults don't make small enough sizes to fit me pre-baby.
  • Options
    stefaniew26stefaniew26 member
    edited July 2014
    With my first, I was back to my prepregnancy weight within 10 days (I only gained 20 total) but my body took another 2 months to get back to its normal "shape".
    This time, I was back to my prepregnancy weight a week after delivery (I gained 25 lbs this time) and back into my regular pants at the same time.
    I thought it would take a lot longer with this being my second child, but I actually feel like I bounced back quicker/easier.
    My stomach is flat but doughy...Don't get me wrong, I'm not rocking a bikini at this point but I'm pretty pleased with my body right now and I'm looking forward to getting cleared so I can get toned again.
    Everyone is different... Know that what your body has done is amazing and you will get back into your clothes!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Pants yes - in fact, I had to buy some smaller pants so they would stay up. Shirts leave me fewer options. The girls take up much more room that before. My PP shirts don't have the and give as maternity t-shirts - they stretch for the boobs and condense back below.
  • Options
    I'm back at pp weight. I haven't tried pants on yet, mainly because they are packed away because I thought it was going to be awhile until they fit. But my pp shirts that I left out fit. Definitely need to tone. I can't wait to work out. Just need to find the time. It is 100+ outside so walks would be miserable for me and lo.
  • Options
    For those who are uncomfortable with their new jelly bellies, I wear compression tanks from the "intimates" section at target. It holds my belly in and flattens me out all while providing core/back support. I wear them every day. The part over my boobs is looser, so it doesn't affect my supply by compressing my boobs, and I can easily pull one side down to nurse. I like the feeling a lot more than my belly bandit, and I feel like they're just as effective at getting my belly back to where it was.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    Only 1 week pp, but I can't even fit into my maternity pants or shorts right now. It's like that area inflated, and I have a binder covering my c section scar. So I am wearing a Hubby Couture...his nice cozy big stretchy workout shorts. I tell ya, I feel sexy. Lol

• Options
    BPaws said:

@Lhalliburton‌
    Do these come down quite far? My "problem area" is below my belly button. I would love something to hold all that in!

@BPaws‌ yes! Mine cover past my old csection scar. They definitely hold in my full belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    Nothing fits. I have 30+ pounds to lose still at 4 weeks post partum (I gained 45 total). My stomach is looking pretty good but my hips are huge and my boobs went from a small B to a D so none of my shirts fit. And I'm a little thicker overall too. Trying not to get freaked out and depressed about it but some days are better than others.
  • Options
    The first time around, I lost ALL of the baby weight in about three weeks and was back into my old clothes about a month PP. This time around, I am still packing 15 pounds of baby weight at a month PP, and I haven't had the courage to try on my pre-pregnancy clothes yet. I'm exercising, watching what I eat, and hoping to drop the baby poundage before I go back to work this fall.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 4 weeks PP on Monday and in pre-pregnancy clothes. I dropped all of the gained weight too but my shape is still a little off. I need to tone up!! I think the BF definitely is helping!
  • Options
    I was able to start wearing some of my pre-pregnancy clothes shortly after birth. I'm a month pp, and some of my stuff is still snug, but definitely wearable.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    @Lhalliburton‌ , is it the "Suddenly Skinny" camis? www.target.com/p/suddenly-skinny-with-self-expressions-women-s-firm-control-tummy-toning-cami-assorted-colors/-/A-12912020?force-full-site=1
  • Options
    4 weeks pp. I fit it in my jeans but they are a little uncomfortable. I still have a slight pudge but had a CS so can't work out yet. I could eat better though. I gained 50 And have lost around 30 pounds. With DS1 I was within 5 pounds of my prepregancy weight at about 5 months. The last 5 didnt come off until I stopped breastfeeding
    Lenox: Born March 13, 2012
    Number 2:  EDD July 4, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    3 weeks pp and down 15/30. Not putting on regular pants until I go back to work in 3 weeks. Ignorance is bliss.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have never been super fit or had rock hard abs or anything but I am completely shocked and confused at the amount of pure squish and jiggle my stomach has. WTH
  • Options
    pandarue said:

@Lhalliburton‌ , is it the "Suddenly Skinny" camis? www.target.com/p/suddenly-skinny-with-self-expressions-women-s-firm-control-tummy-toning-cami-assorted-colors/-/A-12912020?force-full-site=1

Yes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    TwizzyG said:

I'm just glad the swelling in my feet has gone down enough so that my shoes fit normally again.
    Kudos to you all for being brave enough to try jeans!

Exactly this! I haven't worn shoes besides flips flops since early spring. I cried when my sneakers fit! I haven't even tried jeans yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    TwizzyG said:

I'm just glad the swelling in my feet has gone down enough so that my shoes fit normally again.
    Kudos to you all for being brave enough to try jeans!

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The thought of trying on my regular pants makes me want to puke. I gained 50 pounds and I'm down 18 pounds so I've got a long haul ahead of me. But I have a generally healthy lifestyle and I am hoping to get back to yoga after I get the all clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"