August 2014 Moms
Options

Question about belly ring

Okay, this is a legit question but I feel so dumb...

Years ago I had my bellybutton pierced. I had to take it out with my first pregnancy and I got my only bad stretch mark right through the hole scar so I never put it back in. 10 years and another baby later, the hole is still there but now it's ugly and stretched out. It's currently super tight and stretched being pregnant again.

Is it possible for that scar to tear while pregnant? I've got a small cut at the top of the scar, but it itches like crazy. The belly is so big and low I can't get a clear look at it to see if the scar is tearing from being so stretched tight, or if I just cut it scratching in my sleep!

What do you think? Like I said, I feel so dumb even wondering but I'm not sure how or what to do with the cut. I've been keeping it clean, it just itches so bad. Fwiw, I don't think it's puppps or anything other rashes because it's localized specifically to the TOP end of the belly ring scar.
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Question about belly ring

• Options
    Unfortunately yes, it is possible for it to tear. Mine got super stretched too and is the only bad stretch mark I have gotten so far. I'm terrified it will tear, it looks close.
    Thanks younger self. I haven't worn anything in it for 5 years...

I have no idea how to prevent a tear other than keep up keeping it moisturized I guess. :-?

FWIW I got a cut too a few weeks back thanks to our cat. It did expand the entry hole (?) a little bit, but it didn't tear from it. It did itch like crazy though, so I know what you mean.
  • Options
    Thanks @Shiva14‌ . I caught mine on clothing a few times when it was new and tore the entry way back then so it was always lopsided.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    I have both my top and bottom belly button pierced and the holes look so ugly right now. Mine started itching a few weeks ago, but like you, I've kept it clean. It doesn't look like it is ready to tear but then again I can't see it very well because of my largeness. I moisturize it every day as well so I hope I don't have an issue.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ugh mine grosses me out soo bad! I'm grateful I don't have stretch marks but I'm afraid the hideously disgusting stretched belly button makes up for it. :/
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"