December 2014 Moms

His side (basically a rant)

So, my bfs mom has decided I'm too incompetent to pick out a name for my baby. No matter what the gender is and told me my bf probably only likes the name for a girl because it's a type of dog. X(
Which is wrong. Now her and her oldest daughter find it great to send me baby names they have found and approve. It's my child if my bf and I agree on a name then that's what it'll be. Any one else have these issues with the other halfs side of the family?

Re: His side (basically a rant)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bklm94Bklm94 member
    Thank you!! I didn't think much to look ha but it will help! Definitely
  • Loading the player...
  • Yet another good reason for not telling anyone the name(or possible names) until the baby is born. 
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Bklm94Bklm94 member
    That's true. I wanted to find a name everyone liked but that obviously won't happen so we've decided we're going to keep it what we like vs what the rest of the family likes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bklm94Bklm94 member
    @kellyo0131‌ I've been doing the whole "that may work for the next one a while from now" haha. I won't use the names my bfs mom uses because I don't like them. She takes unique and goes into overload. Ex: rodina, elyoza. No thanks! And @danisgossipgirl‌ I'm not sure they know what the word boundaries means. Ha
  • They don't have the right to name your child. It'd be one thing if your boyfriend wasn't crazy about the name, but his mom and sister for sure do not get a say. If your boyfriend won't, then you should put your foot down and tell her exactly what you think about her list.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Bklm94Bklm94 member
    She wanted the baby to have to initials LESS at one point (both my boyfriend and I have two middle names so we're keeping the trend going) and I told her I will not let my child have those initials due to the fact that it's kind of mean in my eyes. She definitely didn't like it. But, I feel like I'm being too mean. Well I did until she told me one of her kids has to name their daughter after her. Um, no. I'm all for adding family names but Shelly isn't my cup of tea. It's too close to my real mothers name and with harsh feelings towards her that may affect it too much but anyone that walks away from their kids for other things isn't getting the satisfaction of having anything to do with their grandchild.
  • You aren't being mean. And her kids don't HAVE to name a kid after her. She already had her chance to name her babies.

We get mixed reviews on our name, but it's ours. And it will be our daughter's. My mom kept trying to suggest other names until I told her in no uncertain terms that we are 100% set on our name. And actually, she's the only person who doesn't like it.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • I have a friend who hated our name list and started texting me names. I just replied back...those are interesting. She got the hint and stopped!
  • Bklm94Bklm94 member
    You women are wonderful!! I thought at first I was just a b**** but now I see it must be a mommy thing ;) thank you all so much. I'm confident that i don't have to please everyone. And @alissendis‌ haha! I would love to see that happen!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"