July 2014 Moms

I suck at naps

rheard3582rheard3582 member
edited July 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I really do.

Honestly I am not a fan of naps. I feel l am wasting my day.

It takes a while for me to relax and go to sleep.

I fear the baby is going to wake up early.

I usually wake up more tired

I rarely napped with DS1. I take a tad bit more with DS2. But of course it is harder with a toddler.

Lenox: Born March 13, 2012
Number 2:  EDD July 4, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I suck at naps

• I was never a napper until DS was born. Once he started taking one long nap per day, I would lie down and generally get a nap in too. While pregnant with DD, I took full advantage of DS's long nap time and nap the whole time (and this really hated the days when he napped poorly or not at all!) Now that DD is here, you'd think I would definitely nap when possible, but I find it hard. I guess I'm too worried about when one of them will wake up and about all that needs to be done around the house...

image image
  • AMcLawsAMcLaws member
    edited July 2014
    I'm the opposite. I adore my naps. I get cranky if I don't get one. It doesn't need to be long. I've slept anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. But I usually need that little recharge. It can be hard with kids, though. My 2 year old is hit or miss with nap time.

Edit: fat fingers posted too soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having a hard time napping. I feel like if I don't run around and do ALL OF THE THINGS right that minute while she's asleep that I won't ever get anything done. Needless to say, my house is clean and most of out laundry is done. It's also hard because she doesn't weigh 7 lbs yet and so isn't big enough for either of our baby carriers. Hang in there!
  • I can't nap, either!! Baby girl makes lots of noises in her sleep, so I'm constantly worried about her or worried that she'll wake up as soon as I fall asleep.
    I'm definitely tired, but I can't nap, and it's making me a little cranky!!

• I've never been a nap-while-the-baby/kid(s)-sleeper myself. Feels like I'm wasting the day and I almost always wake up too groggy if I nap.
  • I'm having a hard time napping. I feel like if I don't run around and do ALL OF THE THINGS right that minute while she's asleep that I won't ever get anything done. Needless to say, my house is clean and most of out laundry is done. It's also hard because she doesn't weigh 7 lbs yet and so isn't big enough for either of our baby carriers. Hang in there!

DD is only 6.5 lbs and I put her in the Moby yesterday for the first time. It was a huge win. She loved it. Fell asleep almost immediately and I ate lunch with two hands for the first time in 3 weeks. Do you have a Moby?

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• i have a hell of a time napping.  i try in the morning, but then she grunts and wakes up.  she's currently out, so i got up and started laundry and ate some breakfast, but i have a feeling as soon as my head hits the pillow she will be up again.  i think she's in a growing spurt, because she was up a ton (she'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and 3 hour stretches at night have been great... but we're back to 1.5 hours)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a napper either. It sounds like a good idea but I can't do it.
  • VTKatie said:

I'm having a hard time napping. I feel like if I don't run around and do ALL OF THE THINGS right that minute while she's asleep that I won't ever get anything done. Needless to say, my house is clean and most of out laundry is done. It's also hard because she doesn't weigh 7 lbs yet and so isn't big enough for either of our baby carriers. Hang in there!

DD is only 6.5 lbs and I put her in the Moby yesterday for the first time. It was a huge win. She loved it. Fell asleep almost immediately and I ate lunch with two hands for the first time in 3 weeks. Do you have a Moby?
    Most physicians recommend not using slings/carriers until baby is 8 pounds due to risk of suffocation. Based on the safety guidelines all carriers in US are labeled for use for 8 lbs & up, including the Moby.
    That being said I used my Ergo with infant insert before he reached 8 lbs, but I was very careful about his position
  • I love me a nap! Unfortunately, DD does not! She is a fabulous sleeper at night, so I will take that! But, she generally only sleeps when I am wearing her during the day. Putting her down is an immediate alarm clock for her. My goal has been to get her to sleep, untie her and get her in the cradle and take a super fast shower before she wakes up screaming mad that I put her down.

That said, she's been down for about 45 min so far! I showered (even washed my hair!), did last night's baby dishes, ran the microwave sterilizer 4 times and an now sitting on the bed, bumping and contemplating drying my hair. Still asleep. It's a banner day! If only I had known this would happen, so I could nap with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"