October 2014 Moms

12 years between children!

Hi everyone! I have mainly been lurking thus far. Thought I would formally introduce myself. I am pregnant with my second and due on Oct. 1st. My son will be 12 years old when my baby girl arrives. Crazy I know! We are super excited it is a girl this time but also it is like starting all over again. As you can imagine we have nothing baby related in the house so we plan on having a small family shower. This whole pregnancy has been totally different than last. I contribute most of it to my age this time. Just wanted to wish everyone GL and wanted to say hi!

Re: 12 years between children!

• Welcome congratulations and I know how you feel my daughter is 16 and I am due with my next daughter Oct 12. It is crazy how different the pregnancies have been for me too.
  • DH is 13 years older than his sister.  They have more of an uncle/niece type relationship, but it works.  My college roommate had a sister who was 14 years younger than her, and she talked about being very embarrassed when she found out her mom was pregnant because that meant her parents were still having sex.  We laugh about it now, but she says she was just mortified to have a baby sister in high school.  The hardest part for my roommate was being so far away from her sister while she was growing up.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey welcome! And congrats on your little one.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Congrats, my daughter is 11 and we are having a boy in October. I'm sure your son is super excited will be a huge help. Best of luck. :)
  • There's 7 years between me and my younger brother and 21 years between me and my youngest brother. I have a great relationship with both. They both look to me more as mother figure as I helped my mom a lot with them. Hopefully your son will have a similar experience and look out for your little girl :)

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• My DD is 8 years older than my DS, but DD is his favorite person in the world.  It all works out.  Welcome!
  • femailfemail member
    Congrats & welcome! I'm the baby in my family... my (twin) sisters are 12 years older than me, and my brother is 15 years older than me! I get along great with all of them :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 12 years older than my youngest brother and I've always adored it. I used to get up in the middle of the night with him and I'm the one that stayed with him on his first day of kindergarten. He's going to be a senior this year! I'm sure your DS will fall in love with his little sister and be an incredible big brother! Congrats and welcome!
        Super Hero 8/12/11     Baby Girl EDD 10/16/14

• Congrats!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! You all have made me feel a lot better about their relationship with each other. My son is already getting super excited about her arrival and I think he will be a great big help and a great big brother.
  • My siblings are 16, 15, and 10 years older than me. I have good relationships with all of them, though I'm closest to the one who is 10 years older and to my niece, who is 6 years younger than me! I've been an aunt since first grade:). I loved having the best of both worlds, though I do think it would've been fun to go to high school with my big brothers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sister is 10 yrs older than me. She went to boarding school for high school so I didn't really get to know her other than her summers home. We are a lot closer now, but that didn't start until I was 18 and she 28
  • Congratulations! 

I have a colleague who found out she was pregnant after she was 4 months along (she was 40) and she had a 21-year-old. She now has a beautiful baby girl who is 4 months and is so in love! Her 21-year-old son was so excited and has been such a huge help. :) 

• Welcome! I've got ya beat, I have an 18 year old son, an 11 daughter and a 7 year old daughter. Talk about spreading them out! Lol. Each time it feels like starting over but it's fun too. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker} Mom to 3 with one on the way. EDD 10/04/14
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome! I am 20 years older than my youngest brother! We have a great relationship! I got to play mommy a lot before becoming one. Having a big age difference means you have lots of help  and a live in sitter!

Anniversary 

• Welcome! I have a 12 yo daughter and 10 yo son. Definitely feel like I'm starting over but with a whole new perspective on parenting. Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 13 when my sister was born and we have a good relationship. I think that helping take care of her when I was a teen really helped ease any anxiety I would have had when I had my first child. After all, I had done most all this stuff before and that helped boost my confidence that I could handle it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"