August 2014 Moms
Options

So upset…just need to vent! (Maybe slightly TMI also)

As some have probably seen in previous posts/comments from me, I have Crohn's disease. It has been well controlled through my entire pregnancy and I thought I was just one of the lucky ones. At 34 weeks it started to flare up, but I dealt with it until 38 weeks because if my cervix was favorable, they would just induce me at 39 weeks and give me my Remicade right after. No big deal. Well of course I am only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so that isn't good enough for an induction.

I called my GI doctor and he prescribed me a Medrol dose pack (steroids) to help me get through the last few weeks until I deliver. I really hate steroids but whatever, I am sick of feeling like crap so I will do what I have to. I got them called in yesterday and planned to pick them up today.

Of course, my body being the bitch it is, decided that it was high time one of my fistulas got infected (I have 2, right on my ass. Lovely, I know.). So now, not only can I NOT take the steroids until I get this thing looked at (I think it may be an abscess but not sure if its actually infected or if its just inflamed) but I also will be forced to have a c-section if it turns out to be infected and I have to get it cut open and drained. I am beyond upset that this is happening now. I knew that if some form of perianal disease came about during the end of my pregnancy that a c-section would be my only option, but really I was free and clear for so long that I wasn't even concerning myself with it. I know its not the end of the world but all of this at once on top of my extreme pregnancy discomfort is just wearing me down. I cried twice already today. I just don't understand why now. Sorry this is long but seriously I just needed to get it out. 

After 6 losses, we are so happy to have our rainbow baby!

Re: So upset…just need to vent! (Maybe slightly TMI also)

• Options

Sorry for all your issues, and all at once right at the end of pregnancy really does suck :( No one here will blame you for being upset!! I wanted to cry this morning and all I have is the normal pregnancy uncomfortable issues, I can't imagine having those other things to deal with too.

Stay strong!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds so hard, I would feel just as emotional as you do about the situation. It would feel unfair to be symptom free for so long and then to have this occur. It sounds like you have a handle on your providers and know your priorities and options, but unfortunately there are just a lot of circumstances you can't control :( T&P's for you! I hope things get better.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through all that and right at the end too! Sending T&Ps for the last little bit to pass quickly and as comfortably as possible.
  • Options
    I'm sorry hon. I also have crohns and during the first tri and the start of my third tri i had some flares. I also got very allergic to remicaid and had to switch up all my meds. It sucks and i hope you feel better soon. FI keeps reminding me that were almost there, we're so close. Idk if that helps but it sometimes helps me...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( T&P's coming your way!!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I am just trying to get through it as best as I can. This disease has put me through hell and back so although I know what to expect it still takes an emotional toll regardless. I am just not looking forward to being poked and prodded all over again like I was 2 years ago when all of the perianal disease came about. I know the misery I was in and I didn't have pregnancy on top of it.

I am currently waiting for my PCP's office to call me back and see if they can see me today, otherwise I will have to go to the ER to get it checked. I am about to say screw them because I've already waited an hour for a call back and still haven't heard anything. I'm in no mood to wait around all day for them only to find out they have nothing available and then have to go to the ER anyway. I hope to have a happy update by the days end, but I am expecting the worst so that I will be slightly mentally prepared for the road ahead. *sigh*

• Options
    I'm sorry hon. I also have crohns and during the first tri and the start of my third tri i had some flares. I also got very allergic to remicaid and had to switch up all my meds. It sucks and i hope you feel better soon. FI keeps reminding me that were almost there, we're so close. Idk if that helps but it sometimes helps me…
    I swear this disease is just relentless. You think you are out of the woods and then BAM, nope here's another issue. I was seriously so happy that I didn't flare at all through the whole pregnancy, I couldn't believe it after all I've been through. And now its like oh wait, this has been too easy for you, lets pile it all on! Its so frustrating.

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It sounds really uncomfortable and frustrating. I hope things turn around for you. Hang in there!
  • Options
    That really stinks.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that fun right at the end here.  T&Ps that getting checked out goes ok and everything works out in the end for you and baby. 

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How frustrating! I can't even imagine! I hope you get some relief and are able to have an amazing birth, however it ends up.
  • Options
    That sounds so frustrating! I'm sorry. I hope everything works our for you!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are dealing with a horrible flare up and the rest of the hard end of pregnancy issues.I hope delivery goes well for you and you get reief soon. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Sending positive thoughts and hoping for the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
  • Options
    BeachMBeachM member
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I hope you can avoid a c/s but if you can't all the c/a moms can talk you through it.

• Options
    Thanks for all the good thoughts! I ended up in the ER because my PCP's nurse felt they would send me there anyway, since they don't have the resources the ER does. They checked me and decided to have a surgery fellow come and take a look because it seemed appropriate. He said he would order an ultrasound and if it was in fact an abscess they would need to cut it open and drain it. 

The ultrasound was nothing short of uncomfortable and slightly weird…an ultrasound of my butt, yay. Thankfully the girl was great and only needed a few pictures to confirm it was indeed an abscess. They offered to do a fine needle aspiration but the ER and surgery team felt it was better to cut it and drain it to ensure they got everything out.

I went back down to the ER and prepared for what I figured would suck royally. After the doctor was set up, he told me I could have some pain medication before he started so I accepted. Boy was that a good and bad idea all at the same time. Little did I know it was Dilaudid and they didn't tell me this until they gave me TWO doses. Needless to say I got very sick and very tired, of which I still am. I managed to get some food in my stomach, but I am not counting on it staying there.

Anywho, after the first dose of pain meds, he starts numbing the area. He said he was using the smallest needle the hospital had so that I felt minimal pain. It did hurt the first few sticks, but after that I only felt a few of them. He stuck me EASILY 50+ times. Yes. That many. It was insane. I still felt some minor pain while he was cutting which blew my mind even more.

He said that the abscess wasn't very wide but it was DEEP. Lots of fun stuff to drain out. Not. Then he packed it and told me I would have to have a home care nurse come twice a day for 2 days and then once a day for 2 more to replace it. He then says this will be quite painful, happy frigging days. Oh and all the while he was doing the procedure, my ass cheeks were taped apart and the tape went all the way around my legs and stuck to the bed. I was literally taped to my hospital bed. Never experienced anything so weird in my life.

So now, after 7 hours in the stupid ER, I have a sore packed ass with gauze taped all the way across. My life is going to be so much fun for the next week. :( Thank you all again for the kind words and thoughts, I'm hoping that I don't go into labor until this is healed up because I don't think I can handle a second wound. Blah.

• Options
    omg, I hope you heal up quickly. and yes, definitely NO labor/delivery until this is on the mend! that would be the height of cruelty. Hang tight a little longer baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"