August 2014 Moms

She came with a bang!

Soymami2Soymami2 member
edited July 2014 in August 2014 Moms
My baby girl arrived yesterday!

I was due Aug 1st but I guess she wanted to make her grand entrance yesterday.

I first started feeling yesterday at 5:30am, the pain was so intense that I started recording my contractions.
From the beginning, they were 5 mins apart but manageable.

This experience was all new to me, since with my first child I was induced and felt no pain.

I started getting ready, putting clothes to dry, making beds etc.

Around 11am I get to the hosptial. I actually was supposed to go in for my weekly appointment but instead, I went to L&D.

The doctor on call came in to check me. Turns out i was only 1-2 cm. At this point I felt a little discouraged, I was experiencing alot of pain and to find out I was only 1-2cm.

They told me to go eat/walk around and come back around 4pm. At that point they would start me on meds, since I'm + for GBS.

My huaband and I grabbed a bite to eat and went to our car for a bit. At this point I couldnt even walk. Every step I took, I felt like I was going to throw up and dizzy.

I felt so guilty because I wasnt doing what I was supposed to do, which was walk. Instead my husband had to go get me a wheelchair and bring me back to L&D around 330pm.

The doc came in and checked me. i was told I was 2cm. Keep in mind, the pain was crazy at this time. I literally said " BRING ME THE DRUGS" in the deepest monster voice. LOL

My husband still can't stop laughing.

Turns out I had to wait because noone was available.

The nurse then decided to bring me into the room I was going to deliever. I sat on the bed, and i swear I must of asked her 10 times when the epi was coming. Poor nurse.

She then asked me if I wanted to go into the tub. I said yes! She started the water, while i layed in the bed for the water to warm up.

So now all of this brings us to 4:53pm.

I'm laying in bed and feel a big gush! All over my panties and a BIG contraction.
All I remember was be saying " I feel the baby"

The nurse didnt believe me. Lol

My husband took off my pantie and BAM! The head was out.

The nurse ran to the phone to call anyone she could, all of sudden there was like 10 people in the room. The doctor didnt even have time to put on his gloves.

One big push after the baby was out.

4:54pm

A baby girl 7lb 12oz

Crazy day!

Re: She came with a bang!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"