May 2014 Moms

Paci problems

So LO sleeps in a RNP at night. Last 2 weeks we have been doing naps in the crib to transition him soon. Well the first week he would sleep 2-3 hours but it did take some time to get him to stay asleep. This week has been the opposite. He falls asleep quickly (with paci) but the second it falls out, he is awake. The longest nap has been 30 min. I go up and downstairs 50 times and it is so frustrating. When I finally give up and bring him downstairs, he falls asleep on me or in the swing for another hour or 2. At night he falls asleep on his own sometimes with the paci but doesn't wake after it falls out. I swaddle at night and naps but doesn't make a difference. Thoughts? Does he just need to adjust? We are going to try to transition to the crib at night this weekend

Re: Paci problems

• Another bad napper here. Unless he's on me or we are running errands he doesn't nap for long. And he has to be swaddled for me to even think about putting him down.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• katychessherkatychessher member
    edited July 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I’m Katy! So glad that I came across this chat room. I’m looking forward to talking with other moms.

Ummm do a separate post if you want to intro?

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Same thing here. DS only naps well when he sleeps in my bed. But he takes lots of little naps during the day. He sleeps with the paci at night swaddled and sleeps really well. During the day he will only take very short naps in his crib and RNP. Hoping this changes when I go back to work next month and DH has to watch him and try to work. :-S
  • Hi, I’m Katy! So glad that I came across this chat room. I’m looking forward to talking with other moms.

Ummm do a separate post if you want to intro?
    Probably a trolly troll. Or spammy spam.
  • My vote is that he's adjusting and it will get better.
  • We use a Wubbanub which helps hold the paci on her chest and close enough that she can just suck it back in her mouth when it falls out after sleeping. Not sure what kind of paci you use but I've seen ones that can attach to any kind of paci to. The thing has been a life saver! I've watched her sick it back in and put herself back to sleep in the swing and on her back in my lap.
  • lizjlewin said:

We use a Wubbanub which helps hold the paci on her chest and close enough that she can just suck it back in her mouth when it falls out after sleeping. Not sure what kind of paci you use but I've seen ones that can attach to any kind of paci to. The thing has been a life saver! I've watched her sick it back in and put herself back to sleep in the swing and on her back in my lap.

I had no idea that's what they were for. I thought it was just supposed to be cute! I got 2 of them and thought "I'll never use these". What about the SIDS rule nothing in the crib? Do you worry the animal could block their airway?
  • haylo33 said:

lizjlewin said:

We use a Wubbanub which helps hold the paci on her chest and close enough that she can just suck it back in her mouth when it falls out after sleeping. Not sure what kind of paci you use but I've seen ones that can attach to any kind of paci to. The thing has been a life saver! I've watched her sick it back in and put herself back to sleep in the swing and on her back in my lap.

I had no idea that's what they were for. I thought it was just supposed to be cute! I got 2 of them and thought "I'll never use these". What about the SIDS rule nothing in the crib? Do you worry the animal could block their airway?
    She's swaddled and I've never had it come anywhere near her face. She's in a co sleeper right next to me and on occasion it has slipped off her chest but it's been down her side. If she wasn't swaddled I might be more concerned.

When she uses it in the car seat or swing she can shove the paci back in her mouth because of the toy, not sure if it's by accident or what but it works!

• We did the same thing and naps started to suck so I put her back in her rnp during the day for naps and in the crib at night. She's back to longer naps and she sleeps really well in he crib at night as long as she's completely out when I put her down. It's dark and she's tired enough to put herself back to sleep in it. During the day it's just a fight that I'm too tired to battle right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"