January 2015 Moms
Options

Stretch marks on scars

I'm getting stretchies on my appendix scars. NOT COOL FETUS. Anyone else get them on their scars but otherwise escaped them? If not, lie to me.

Re: Stretch marks on scars

• Options
    Hey, sorry if this is to personal, but I have noticed you have struggled with a number of inflammation-related or potentially immune-related health problems... (appendix removed, fibroids, HG...)  have you ever been tested for food intolerances? Sorry you have had to deal with so much! Can't catch a break it sounds like. 

• Options
    NatureLoversNatureLovers member
    edited July 2014
    I have lupus and fibromyalgia. No testing for food intolerances, but I've had other allergy testing. I reacted to all but 2 substances.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was once 3 bills... Getting stretch marks on a c section scar + then developing a flesh apron = awesome. Throw in a Brazilian over that bitch every 6 weeks and it's a good time.

You're not alone. :-)
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited July 2014

I was once 3 bills... Getting stretch marks on a c section scar + then developing a flesh apron = awesome. Throw in a Brazilian over that bitch every 6 weeks and it's a good time. You're not alone. :-)
    I google imaged flesh apron and got: 
    This must truly be a worst case scenario! 
  • Options
    I have lupus and fibromyalgia. No testing for food intolerances, but I've had other allergy testing. I reacted to all but 2 substances.
    sorry to hear that. Is there a reason you don't test for the food intolerances? Or are you expecting it to be bad like the general allergy testing
  • Options
    I have a lot of little scars all over my abdomen from two different laparoscopic surgeries and every single one of them got stretch marks around them.
  • Options
    i got the stretch marks immediately to either side of my scar, but it's vertical from my navel down to about an inch below the top of my pelvic bone.  i call it my zipper.  i imagine if it was horizontal, the stretch marks would go across it instead of running parallel.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    Not from pregnancy but I have a scar from a mole removal and at the same time put on some weight and the scar stretched and became a fat scar.
  • Options
    I have a scar on my abdomen from a childhood surgery, and I remember it getting super itchy at the end of my first pregnancy.  I also got about a million stretch marks in my tummy.  Thankfully, they all faded (returned, then faded again last pregnancy).  Super looking forward to that part of pregnancy again.....hah.
  • Options
    Stargirlb said:

I was once 3 bills... Getting stretch marks on a c section scar + then developing a flesh apron = awesome. Throw in a Brazilian over that bitch every 6 weeks and it's a good time.

You're not alone. :-)

I google imaged flesh apron and got: 
    This must truly be a worst case scenario! 

LOL, not quite but not far off. I was thinking more the changing scene in Mrs Doubtfire. I couldn't find it but when I googled Mrs Doubtfire fat suit, this is what I got...
  • Options
    Stargirlb said:

sorry to hear that. Is there a reason you don't test for the food intolerances? Or are you expecting it to be bad like the general allergy testing

It's never been suggested to me. Should it?
  • Options
    longcat07 said:

i got the stretch marks immediately to either side of my scar, but it's vertical from my navel down to about an inch below the top of my pelvic bone.  i call it my zipper.  i imagine if it was horizontal, the stretch marks would go across it instead of running parallel.

Did you get the stretchies anywhere else?
  • Options
    Well if it was me I would check for sure. What if you found out you had a severe food intolerance that was triggering an immune response? I'd say testing can't hurt. I know some people claim their autoimmune conditions are able to be kept under control by dietary changes, and if they were eliminating a problematic food inadvertently, that could explain why some but not all people experience improvement. At least 70 percent of the immune system is aimed at the gut.

As a personal anecdote, I found out as an adult that I am intolerant to dairy and wheat. That was basically what I lived off of any chance I got in childhood. I look back to some chronic health issues I've had (relatively mild, but persistent,) and can't help but wonder if my immune response/inflammation were possibly exacerbated by my dietary triggers if I had those intolerances then as well and just had no idea. Turns out my son is also intolerant to dairy, and I'm glad I was able to find that out now rather than put him through potential damage. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"