October 2014 Moms
Options

mucus plug

Has anyone lost this yet? I am 27 weeks and I am pretty sire I lost mine today I called my doc because of blood when I wiped (this was after loosing the mucus earlier in the morning) he has me on watch for anymore blood, contractions, and counting kicks of LO I am out of state so if I end up having to go in it will be to a completely different hospital. I hope all goes well. I am very nervous. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: mucus plug

• Options
    T&P for you!  I have not lost my mucus plug, but with the bleeding I am sure something your dr will want to keep an eye on! Good luck, keep us posted!

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    T&Ps. Keep us posted.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&P for you and your LO!
  • Options
    Sending T&P!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Your plug can regenerate over and over. If you don't have anymore bleeding or contractions and lo is moving ok, hopefully you'll be fine. I'll keep you and lo in my thoughts today :)
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go back tothw state my doc is in on Friday so he wants to do a full evaluation then if I don't end up going to L&D down here in KY. I am nervous to drive up on my own like I am supposed to on Friday morning.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    With my first I lost mine in one big clump. I was at the hospital delivering 2 days later. Keep a close eye on things. It won't be long if you have lost it. Continued T and P for you and your LO.
  • Options
    T&Ps, please keep us posted. 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options

With my first I lost mine in one big clump. I was at the hospital delivering 2 days later. Keep a close eye on things. It won't be long if you have lost it. Continued T and P for you and your LO.

As PPs have said, lots of women lose their mucus plug over and over...I was told that it's fairly common and does not necessarily indicate labor. They can regenerate multiple times. It's does not mean "it won't be long now" at all.

OP, will be thinking of you. I hope you have an uneventful rest of your trip and a smooth drive home.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thinking of you and hoping you and your LO stay safe!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    T&P for you! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh gosh, I hope it can hold off at least until you get back home!!
  • Options
    FX!
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    T&Ps!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Fingers crossed that LO stays put a while longer!
  • Options
    I hope everything turns out okay and you can make it home without any issues!
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    This has been very informative. Best wishes to you!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Sending T&P your way! Hopefully you make it home with no problems.
  • Options
    Glas43Glas43 member
    Prayers. Take it easy!
  • Options
    Awww, I'd be stressed if I was out of town too. But i agree with pps, that it may not be a bad sign. Just trust your gut and if you feel like you need to get checked out at L&D, do it. Hopefully you make it back safe and sound and baby stays put for a while!
  • Options
    ADH0906 said:

Nicb13 said:

FX for you OP!

Does the mucous plug just look like a big clump of mucous? I don't think I saw mine last time I was pregnant.....

@Nicb13‌ Dare you to google it...
    Some time ago (I don't remember if it was in my early days on TB or while I was on TTGP this last time), someone actually posted a picture of their mucus plug on 3rd tri, if I remember correctly. Fun times! ... :-&
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nooo! Don't google it!!! It's one thing to see yours but it's beyond nasty to see someone else's. I've heard it can vary widely from snot looking to much more firm.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only good thing about being out of state is that I am visiting my husband so he is around. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. So far so good I haven't had any contractions or anymore bleeding so I am trying to relax the next two days before making the 5 hour drive Friday morning. I also have my 3hr GTT in the morning so I'll really be taking it easy tomorrow.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad there's no contractions or anything. Take it easy if you can. I lost pieces of mine already but like they all say it regenerates.
  • Options
    Glad baby seems to want to stay put for awhile longer! FX things stay this way and that you have an uneventful trip home. 

• Options
    T's and P's headed your way. I hope you have a safe and uneventful drive.
  • Options

I just googled mucus plug and it was regrettable.  It's not worth it.

You're either very brave or very curious. =D>
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ya it's disgusting... Think giant brownish slug or parts of a slug in chunks...
  • Options
    Yeah I googled it after how things went this morning and google was much more gross than reality.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

Ya it's disgusting... Think giant brownish slug or parts of a slug in chunks...

"Why you so mean to me?" =((
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Haha that guy looks pretty dang close
  • Options
    Sorry you're dealing with this, OP. It's true that the mucus plug can come off in parts and regenerate, however the "bloody show" mucus is of a different sort, and more worrisome in terms of potential early dilation/effacement of your cervix.

I did go into labor a couple of days after seeing "bloody show" with my first. Of course it could be different for you. A friend of mine saw some bloody discharge at 29 weeks and went immediately for an ultrasound of her cervix, which showed it was still long and closed. She's 35 weeks now and still pregnant.

Take care, be well, and try not to worry until you have more information. xx
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"