March 2014 Moms

Crying in sleep

The last several nights Kinley has been crying, like hard crying, in her sleep. Right before this happens, she also starts thrashing violently- lifts both legs in the air throws them down on the bed or smacks the mattress with her arms repeatedly. She often wakes herself during this...

I usually give her a pacifier and try to soothe her without waking her up. Is there anything else I can do to help her when this happens? Is this considered "night terrors"? Any one else's baby going through this?

She'll be 6 months next week btw.
Kinley Diane
Born 2/4/14
Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

Re: Crying in sleep

• @babycaps‌ I don't think it's the crying/screaming that wakes her up though. It's the flailing and thrashing of her legs. I could probably handle letting her cry for a couple minutes in her sleep and letting it fade, but the flailing is what gets me (we can hear her through the wall, she throws her legs down so hard.) if she's awake and crying, I know she's hungry though- fun growth spurt I think we're having along with this.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• @babycaps‌ I don't think it's the crying/screaming that wakes her up though. It's the flailing and thrashing of her legs. I could probably handle letting her cry for a couple minutes in her sleep and letting it fade, but the flailing is what gets me (we can hear her through the wall, she throws her legs down so hard.) if she's awake and crying, I know she's hungry though- fun growth spurt I think we're having along with this.

maybe its the growth spurt hurting her limbs? Sharkies has issues when we aren't co sleeping so I have still stu k to that for now while DH is gone

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO had 2 nights like that, but crying only lasted a few minutes. He wasn't interested in eating and did not need a diaper change. I was wondering if his legs were sore since it was a few days after 4 month shots. Have you recently had her 6 month shots?

Hope it doesn't last long - good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• It's usually gas for my LO when he does that. I just pick him up, pat his back, and he usually burps or farts, then goes right back to sleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"