October 2014 Moms

DIY Rocking Chair

So if anyone is in the same boat as me, unwilling to drop shy of 1K on a good glider or rocker, here is a link I found to a DIY situation:

This is actually the chair we wanted from Ikea so we're SUPER excited!  And the rocking rails are ship-able international if anyone else is out of country.

Cheers!

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DIY Rocking Chair

• I love me some ikea hacks! I am just about done redoing the Kura bed for my girls. I will be a total AW when it's complete. :)
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are planning on doing something similar with a different ikea arm chair and a rocker/ swivel mechanism. The chair has a removable, machine washable cover which is not something I've seen with upholstered nursery gliders!
    https://www.mrswigglebottom.com/2011/07/turning-chair-into-swivel-rocker.html?m=1

Unfortunately DH is starting a new job next week so the project may be put on the back burner until after LO is here. Kinda bummed about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • archi35 said:
    So if anyone is in the same boat as me, unwilling to drop shy of 1K on a good glider or rocker, here is a link I found to a DIY situation:

This is actually the chair we wanted from Ikea so we're SUPER excited!  And the rocking rails are ship-able international if anyone else is out of country.

Cheers!
    Ohhhh! I didn't realize you were going to turn it in to a rocker! That would be amazing!!!

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• archi35archi35 member
    edited July 2014
    themiss said:
    archi35 said:

Cheers!
    Ohhhh! I didn't realize you were going to turn it in to a rocker! That would be amazing!!!
    I know I found this just after I PMd you yesterday - how fantastic is this!?!?

jlz32185 said:
    We are planning on doing something similar with a different ikea arm chair and a rocker/ swivel mechanism. The chair has a removable, machine washable cover which is not something I've seen with upholstered nursery gliders! https://www.mrswigglebottom.com/2011/07/turning-chair-into-swivel-rocker.html?m=1 Unfortunately DH is starting a new job next week so the project may be put on the back burner until after LO is here. Kinda bummed about that.
    See now I'm thinking maybe this option b/c DH loves the recliner from Ikea but I really got stuck on the rocker idea.  This may be a compromise.  Hmm......

So excited either way that we are going to get a rocking chair 
    <:-P

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• We just bought the chair to do this...hope it works out, but regardless, it is a pretty comfy chair.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cool!! I was stressing about getting a rocking chair because we're short on space, and I was so psyched to find a (truly fashionable and insanely comfortable, I swear!) "gamer's chair" for thirty bucks second-hand. I threw an Ikea pillow on it and set up a little bookshelf with cute baby things beside it, and I couldn't be happier. Not exactly DIY, but your post reminded me of it. :)
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"