Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I am angry today

If that's the stage of grief I had to choose today, anger would be it. I'm angry at:
The NP who was incredibly insensitive and laughed when I asked her if she thought my bleeding was normal and then asked me why I was crying when she told me my betas were 11. I feel like she could've done more but I think that's partially me trying to place blame on something
I'm mad at my best friend who told me "that's unfortunate but oh well now is not the time you just need to be patient.
Mad at mother friend who went out of her way to tell me she was sorry for my loss, and then proceeded to complain about her morning sickness and how excited she was that she felt the baby kick
And that brings me to being mad that we made the classic mistake of telling too many people we were expecting.

I'm also really really sad today. Like way more sad than I expected. I thought each day might get easier. But now I feel like I'm back to square one. Im sitting at my desk completely checked out until my next meeting. I also made an unnecessary snarky comment on the TTGP board that I feel bad about beside of my bad mood.

I'm also upset that even though I so badly want to be pregnant, if it happens this month I don't know if I can handle it.

I'm so sorry I had to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through.

Married 7/21/12

Off bcp and ttc 9/1/13

bfp 7/20/14, m/c 7/23

will ttc again 8/14

cat animated GIF

Re: I am angry today

• Options

mak7788 said:
     I thought each day might get easier. But now I feel like I'm back to square one.
      You're going to have good days and bad days- just because you're having a bad one doesn't mean tomorrow won't be better. I am sorry today isn't a good one.

I can totally feel you on the anger- I was very very angry the first couple of weeks after this loss...it has lessened over time, but there are still days when I find it coming back a bit. I can also feel you on the rude medical staff- one of the many reasons I didn't go to the dr for this loss.

The only suggestion I have is to be kind to yourself today- find a song you like to listen to, watch a movie you love, find something you like to eat and indulge, etc...and like pp said, allow yourself to be mad (or any other feeling you find yourself dealing with).

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Thank you ladies. It makes me feel a little better that it's normal to have those days. I know it only happened a week ago, but I'm harder on myself.

Married 7/21/12

Off bcp and ttc 9/1/13

bfp 7/20/14, m/c 7/23

will ttc again 8/14

cat animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have every right to run the gammet off emotions. Let yourself feel whatever you feel. I have what I call valleys and peaks...I hope to get to the point where I have more peaks than valleys in the near future and I wholeheartedly hope the same is true for you very soon too.
    Me - 35 DH - 41
    TTC 06.03.2013 
    BFP 06.15.2014  EDD 02.25.2015  MMC 07.07.2014 Miso 07.18.2014 
                                                                 August TTCAL Siggy Challenge : WTF Tattoos
    image     image
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    Oh I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Anger is a very normal part of the grieving process...and comments like the examples you gave give all the more reason to be angry.  I have found that the days I am struggling with anger the most, are also the days that I'm experiencing the most overwhelming amount of sadness.  It's like anger is a coping mechanism.  I describe it as fighting sadness with anger... never seems to work though...the grieving process really sucks.  Everything about our "situation" sucks.  

And I'm just so sorry you are dealing with this.  
    I find that keeping a journal helps me with a lot of these extreme feelings of sadness and/or anger.  I also made a music playlist that I run to on days like that.  ((Hugs)) to you, and hoping for a better day tomorrow!
  • Options
    Oh honey....I think we have all been there.  I would say it will get better but I'm still trying to get there myself and this week seems to be harder than last week.
  • Options
    @mak7788‌ I feel like you are speaking for me, too. I feel you 100% I hope it gets better. I too don't know if I can handle pregnancy again so soon but desperately wish I was still pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"