February 2014 Moms
Options

For those who made it through the 4mw...

Does it end? Please tell me it ends. I think we're in week 3 or 4, but it's been 8 weeks since LO has slept, due to a number of factors. It looks like I'll be getting a total of 2.5 hours of sleep tonight and I'm gonna lose it.

Did your LO go back to their old sleeping patterns or has there been a permanent change for the worst?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those who made it through the 4mw...

• Options
    I *think* we might be over it or getting close. LO STTN from about 7wks to 4 mos. Then for a month+ she was all over the place and up every 2-3hrs. It was awful. We are on night 3 now of only one wake up between 7-6. It is amazing how much more rested I am. I feel like a new person after only 3 days. There is hope for you. Hang in there mama!
  • Options
    NoetholaNoethola member
    edited July 2014
    Still there as well. We get the occasional night with only 2-3 wakeups, but mostly we are still doing 3-5. He was an excellent sleeper before this hit, and we hit the 4mw early, so we are 8w in so far. 

I keep telling myself that eventually it will end: either they will sleep more or eventually grow up and be able to handle themselves when they wake up. ;-) <--- that was a joke, though at times it feels like it will be that long before we sleep again. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    versedversed member
    We just got of it this week at 6m and a weekish. He's now back to getting up once/twice a night. Much happier mom here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Almost 6mo here and just out of it. There were a few nights throughout where I thought maybe it was done, but no!

Now, suddenly, DS is only doing one wake up again (around 4-5 am). For him it was a fast switch - one night with 3 wake ups and the next he made it until 4 and has every night since.

Hang in there! It will get better!!
  • Options
    kak808kak808 member
    I'm glad I'm not alone, though I do wish there were some more positive experiences! LO is waking up 2-3 times/night currently, but each time it takes a minimum of an hour to get her back to sleep, usually 1.5 hours. And when she gets up between 3 and 4 she's usually not back to sleep before my alarm goes off at 6! DH can usually get her back down more quickly, but more and more she's wanting to eat so I have to get up regardless.

The days I'm home (weekends + 2 days/week) I feel like all I'm doing is trying to get her to sleep, since she doesn't want to nap either. I feel bad because currently I don't look forward to the days I'm home with LO because they are so stressful :(

Luckily, Saturday night I am going to stay in a hotel nearby so I can get a break. DH was out of town last week for work and he wants to repay the favor. I wasn't totally sold but then I tried to book in the MOTN! Unfortunately I had no credit card in the nursery!

Wait wait, there's a 6 month regression??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hang in there. It does end. I *think* we are just getting over it. Started at 4.5 months, and lasted 3-4 weeks.
  • Options
    Right around 4 months baby stopped sleeping well at night. It's gotten better now that we've sleep trained him. Some nights are good, others are rough. We also stopped giving him his binky because he would cry when he was awake enough to realize it fell out of his mouth. That has seemed to help. Hang in there! I'm looking forward to getting more sleep again one day too! 
  • Options
    We've been dealing with it on and off since she was 4 months old. She'll wake up a few times (usually 3 -4 times), but only needs her pacifier to go back to sleep, I don't need to get her out of the pack n play. But usually about 3 times a week she's up sometime around 4 - 5am and needs to eat to go back to sleep. There always seems to be something going on, we had the 4 month wakeful, then she had an ear infection, then she had a slight cold (coughing), then she discovered that she has legs and can bang them on her bed, then she started teething...so yeah.
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"