Parenting

Ikea Bed Question

So, we're redecorating Rosie's room for her 4th birthday. I was thinking of getting her a nice twin size bed, but all the really nice bedframes are out of the budget since we're repainting her whole room as well. The ceiling light we are planning on getting her is from Ikea, so I was looking at Ikea beds. This one:https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80253814/ caught my eye as being really cool for a 4-7 year old. It says no mattresses over 5.5 inches though. Anybody have this bed? Can you put in a regular mattress? I found a great deal on Sealy twin mattress at Costco. I'd hate to spend the money on a good mattress just to find it doesn't fit in the cute bed. Thanks!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ikea Bed Question

• Okies. I'll have to see how thick the mattresses are at Costco. I just think she'd love this bed. We could make the most adorable little fort underneath. I guess I could also talk to SO about getting her one of the Ikea mattresses for her too. We'll see. It's either this or one of the Hemnes beds.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got the new Ikea catalog in the mail! I don't have an answer to the question.
    I really love Ikea. We're going to get Rosie a ceiling light that looks like a sun to match her new rainbow room. I think this bed would be perfect for me to make some cute curtains for under it. :)
  • I just got the Sealy mattress from Costco that I think you're talking about. It's about 10 inches thick so for this purpose it probably wouldn't leave enough railing.
  • I just got the Sealy mattress from Costco that I think you're talking about. It's about 10 inches thick so for this purpose it probably wouldn't leave enough railing.
    There was 2. 1 that was just over 100$ and another that was over 300$. Which one did you get?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"