Baby Names
Options

Rosemary or Elizabeth?

We are starting to talk names for baby #4.  We are waiting until birth to find out the sex but wanted to have names for either a boy or girl.  

Our current girl name contenders are Rosemary and Elizabeth.  MN would be Sarah (after my deceased grandmother). 

Older siblings are Henry, Samuel and Eleanor.  Do you think one goes better with the sibling names than the other?  I like both names as does DH.  Help me decide!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Rosemary or Elizabeth?

• Options
    Elizabeth

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    Elizabeth
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both are nice. I choose rosemary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both nice. Personally I think I would go with Elizabeth.
  • Options
    I prefer Rosemary, but Elizabeth is always a great bet with so many awesome NN options.  Both go great with your sibset.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Elizabeth
  • Options
    Rosemary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Rosemary!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    DaisyZH said:
    I love Rosemary!
    Yeah, me too.  I'm so torn between the two.  Good thing we still have some time:)  
  • Options
    love both but would go with rosemary because it is less popular
    Rosemary Elizabeth
  • Options
    LizbybLizbyb member
    I really like Rosemary, I am an Elizabeth and I always felt like there were so many of us.  In elementary school I had to pick a nickname to allow the teachers to differentiate between us.  My sister is Mary, but I think the Rose just adds something nice!
  • Options
    Elizabeth, all the way.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    Elizabeth!
  • Options
    Rosemary. Eleanor and Elizabeth are too similar for siblings IMO.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If we have a girl, Elizabeth is our top name. Love it! I don't like Rosemary.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wow -- both are great names with a similar "flavor" and both go well with your other siblings.  Here are some considerations:

--You can't go wrong with either name, and you have some time to decide.  Maybe put them both on the back burner for a few months and see if you begin to like one better than the other.

--If you think you would use one of the many nns for Elizabeth that don't start with E, it would avoid your two daughters -- Eleanor and Elizabeth -- having similar sounding names.  In this case, you might go with Elizabeth.

--On the other hand, if you call (or plan to call) Eleanor "Ellie" or "Ella" I would use Rosemary for the new baby.

--You could let the other kids help decide.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Love Rosemary and think it goes well with your other kids. Elizabeth feels a bit matchy with Eleanor to me. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    animalcrckranimalcrckr member
    edited July 2014
    Wow -- both are great names with a similar "flavor" and both go well with your other siblings.  Here are some considerations:

--You can't go wrong with either name, and you have some time to decide.  Maybe put them both on the back burner for a few months and see if you begin to like one better than the other.

--If you think you would use one of the many nns for Elizabeth that don't start with E, it would avoid your two daughters -- Eleanor and Elizabeth -- having similar sounding names.  In this case, you might go with Elizabeth.

--On the other hand, if you call (or plan to call) Eleanor "Ellie" or "Ella" I would use Rosemary for the new baby.

--You could let the other kids help decide.

Thanks for your input!  Our boys had fun helping name their sister so it will be interesting to see what they have to say:)  Names are definitely going on the back burner for now.  That seems to have worked for us in the past.  We will pick up the debate a couple weeks before baby arrives and ultimately decide once they are born. 
  • Options
    ==N====N== member
    Such a hard choice. I think I'm going to give Rosemary a slight edge though...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"