August 2014 Moms

bump theory

So one thing I was so stressed about in the first few months I was pregnant was random strangers coming up and touching my belly when it was finally big enough to intrigue everyone. This has not happened even once. It's pretty big, it looks squishy, how did I get lucky? I have frequent long car trips and finally came up with two theories: 

1.) I have always been told over and over how I don't look my age, I'm 23. I started wondered if people didn't come up to me because they were secretly judging me and wondering if I was on a season of 16 and pregnant. 

OR

2.)  I definitely "suffer" from having resting bitch face. I'm not angry or upset, it's just my face. Random people think you're unpleasant and unfriendly. Those who have this as well know what I mean. I started to wonder if  this was a deterrent for bump crazy strangers who don't know what personal space is. 

Either way, I have to say I am relieved. I have only had to deal with the invasion from my Mother and MIL, still makes me uncomfortable but I survive. Hopefully #2 is the deterrent and it will work after LO is here and strangers want to "attack" her with love. Here's to hoping (:

imageimageimage
          Emma June 8/22/2014

Re: bump theory

• I have not had my bump touched either! I have lots of tattoos and joke that it keeps the weirdos away!
  • Nope... I've never had it either!! Maybe I don't look approachable so people don't talk to me?? Haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it must be a regional thing or something.  I've got one SIL that insists on touching my bump but in three pregnancies I have never had a stranger attempt to touch me.  I've also only had one lady try to touch a new born.  Maybe I have resting bitch face, too.  Of course I'm MUCH older than you...so maybe that's a factor too.
  • Haven't been touched either! But it may be because I still could pass off as a chubby lady and I've been told I suffer from resting bitchy face. 
  • Nope, never been touched by a stranger either.  Or really family.  My dad asked once, but the baby was asleep.  And, DH's Grandmother just touched my belly last night, but that's been it for me.

I'm grateful for this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• I've never had a stranger touch but I've had some coworkers ask first. I don't even want to know what my reaction would be to random stranger touching me.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So one thing I was so stressed about in the first few months I was pregnant was random strangers coming up and touching my belly when it was finally big enough to intrigue everyone. This has not happened even once. It's pretty big, it looks squishy, how did I get lucky? I have frequent long car trips and finally came up with two theories: 

1.) I have always been told over and over how I don't look my age, I'm 23. I started wondered if people didn't come up to me because they were secretly judging me and wondering if I was on a season of 16 and pregnant. 

OR

2.)  I definitely "suffer" from having resting bitch face. I'm not angry or upset, it's just my face. Random people think you're unpleasant and unfriendly. Those who have this as well know what I mean. I started to wonder if  this was a deterrent for bump crazy strangers who don't know what personal space is. 

Either way, I have to say I am relieved. I have only had to deal with the invasion from my Mother and MIL, still makes me uncomfortable but I survive. Hopefully #2 is the deterrent and it will work after LO is here and strangers want to "attack" her with love. Here's to hoping (:

All of this. I'm 25, and I look like I'm 16. I also have resting bitch face. Just because I'm not smiling, doesn't mean I'm not happy!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • In both of my pregnancies the only person to touch my bump was a special ed student working on boundaries at my school. I have RBF so that could be it but I am not sure. People still approach DD all the time so even if it is RBF it doesn't help me with that.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I have the bitch-face issue too! =P I am definitely okay with people not touching me though.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• I'm jealous. It doesn't happen often, but it's happened to me a couple of times with every pregnancy. Even worse, after DS was born, I had him in the Moby wrap when some random person with an OBVIOUS illness (cold, flu, red eyes. Runny nose, sneezing and shivering in the heated store) pulled my wrap off him and stuffed her germy fingers all over his face.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I have had a lot of touches and even more questions. It doesn't bother me though. I am the kind of person who talks to strangers in line at the store. But I agree with @MandMLeona that it could be a regional thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I've never had anyone touch without asking first. I also always say yes, because I really don't mind as long as they're polite about it. If someone does touch without asking, my plan is to touch their stomach back, but I haven't had to do it yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"