May 2014 Moms

Hemorrhoids

They suck. I've tried the tucks pads. Anything else I can try? The preparationH said to ask a dr if BFing so I went with the tucks. I'm on day 3 of a flare up.

Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

Re: Hemorrhoids

• I have a foam I insert rectally. Called proctofoam. It's prescription though.

It's doing the job. If I kept up with it 3 times a day I'm sure it would be gone. I've been having mine off and on for like 10 weeks now :(

Wiping with baby wipes helps me too. TP just irritates me more. I might soak some in witch hazel.
  • I'll see about using baby wipes and witch hazel first. It's starting to go away but I want it gone like yesterday!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • I have a prescription cream but it's not going away...

....I'm not using it daily though so, yeah. And yes, suck!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'd love mine gone. I have the opposite problem @MK1013‌. I'm going a lot more than before or during pregnancy. So I don't great a break to heal :(

Ugh. They suck.
  • This is going to sound odd but diaper cream works too. I read that online and tried it for some relief of the itching and redness.

It got messy though.
  • ns1ns1 member
    Earth mama angel baby mama bottom balm, prescription proctofoam, ice, sitz baths. Good luck. They suck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you have medical gloves you can put water in them and make an ice pack with the fingers, which works really well. Sitz baths or regular baths. Lots of water and fiber if you're straining. Prescription cream, foam, and/or suppositories are helpful if you can get them-- they have a stronger steroid that really helps shrink tissue. I have tons of experience with this, clearly. Hope it gets better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Warm Epsom salt soaks followed by icing the area & prep h suppositories were what helped me the most.
  • Stool softeners, soak in tub, and tons of prep h. I use prep h all the time and I'm bfing.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Yep. I have had them since she was 3 weeks. She is nine weeks now. Only when I go to the bathroom is it a problem. So everyday. Sigh
  • The nurse I had postpartum told me to use hydrocortisone cream instead of PrepH - she said it would shrink them faster. I didn't try it, but it could work...

• ns1ns1 member
    Oh. I forgot one. My doctor said to soak cotton balls in milk of mag and apply it to the area. At this point mine were at kill.me.now pain level so I got a prescription shortly after so I don't recall how effective it was.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"