January 2013 Moms
Options

crib music box

Do you have one of these? We do Abs I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand DD turns it on herself and I think it helps soothe her. On the other hand I think she also gets used to sleeping with it so I wonder if sometimes St night it wakes her up more than it should since she will turn it back on at various times throughout the night. She doesn't sleep with one at daycare but I'm afraid to get rid of the thingsince she screamed the one night three batteries died. Eventually I'd like to transition her to something she could hold that might play a lullaby or glow or something since I don't want to move her to a toddler bed with the thing but I just wanted to see what others have. DD was and always has been a crappy sleeper so I'm always torn on what or what not to do.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: crib music box

• Options
    we have a plush minnie mouse that plays music...it can be attached to the crib but she likes it as a stuffed toy...it plays twinkle twinkle little star or it just does white noise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS has the Snug-a-monkey plush toy.  I press the tummy to turn on the music before we read his last book at night, and it plays for about 20 minutes before turning off on its own.  It's been a nice routine since he weaned himself.  Before he weaned himself, I used it to time my nursing sessions.  It has about a 8 song rotation, so I knew when Canon in D started playing the second time, DS had been nursing for about 10 minutes.  Sometimes he turns it on in the morning when he's waking up, but for the most part he just snuggles up next to it.  I think DS could take it or leave it for the most part, but I always pack it when we're going to be out of town because I have to think it's nice for him to have a little piece of home when we're traveling.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"