Stay at Home Moms

Re: I don't need feminism

• Those anti-feminism women really piss me off.  They obviously don't even understand what feminism is.  
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • amy052006 said:
    I also think there are lots of inequities that a 22 year old on tumbler with no kids just doesn't get.

In my mid-30s (and apparently an 80s dwelling death zombie), I'm really seeing a whole new set of challenges in my circle.  A baby or two in your early 30s was one thing -- you could jump back in, you kid could go to daycare, and things were fine.  

But now the kids are getting older and are placing more demands on your time right at the same point where you reach a critical crossroad in your career.  The assumption still exists that the woman makes the sacrifices in that area, and all women of a certain age with kids are looked at that way and compensated that way regardless of their own personal situation.

A dipshit 22 year old on tumberl with cute glasses who wants a man to hold a door open for her doesn't get this stuff yet.
    This is so it. I'm at the beginning part of that- a baby with one on the way and I'm 30, relatively seamlessly back at work alongside lots of young dads, was happy with my 9 weeks paid leave, had plenty of time to pump privately in my office (granted yes that is a victory), but what's going to happen in 5 years when I'm starting to think about tenure. Who will get it me or young dad. YOUNG DAD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • these aren't women. they are little girls thinking this is some kind of fad. it's gross.
  • I hate the word feminism. It has such different meanings to different people. Everyone should be treated equitably. If they think there aren't equal rights issues in this country then they have their head in the sand.
  • OMG, "I'm equally indifferent to all forms of oppression" hahahaha!

Early UO, I'm so tired of the whole selfie while holding a sign thing. Can't stand it.

Amy made a good point about these being younger women. If they are looking around their peer group, women are doing (generally) great; more women than men getting college degrees, women out earning men in their 20's, men incarcerated at much higher rates. So perspective is definitely a big part of it.

DD - 12/31/13
  • Ugh I can't or won't click on the link to read. But love tits to everyone's comments, you ladies nailed it.
  • I don't even know how to respond to that. I like Amy Poeler's quote about it equating to "I don't really believe in cars, I drive one everyday, I love how it gets me places but I don't believe in cars." Something like that lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"