3rd Trimester

I'm gonna officially celebrate.. 39+1 and NO PUPPPS!

I had an awful case of PUPPPS rash with my last pregnancy. If you haven't heard of it, Google it.
It started around 36 weeks, quickly spread to my arms, thighs, knees and bum and basically made the end of my pregnancy completely miserable. I remember seeing my midwife at 39 weeks and crying to be induced from the itchiness, burning and lack of sleep. Nope!

I had SO much anxiety this second pregnancy about getting PUPPPS again. At 30 weeks a weird itchy rash started in the stretch marks on my thighs and I freaked.. it was just like PUPPPS but generally milder and not as fast spreading. At 35 weeks an itchy rash started on the backs of my thighs and arms/elbows. I was so upset it was PUPPPS coming back full force so I started taking 2 dandelion root capsules 3x a day and washing with Pine Tar soap. I did this last time but only started the regimine 2 weeks before I delivered, so I had no idea if it was the regimine or me just giving birth that made the rash resolve right after labor.

I'm now 39 weeks 1 day and NO PUPPPS!
Not sure if those rashes were a milder case that I was able to tame, or just a general skin reaction from my skin stretching.. but I am so happy that I don't have to suffer through the misery of it again this time.
HALLELUJAH!
I couldn't find a whole lot of info online about PUPPPS rash in a second pregnancy so I just thought I would share. :)

Re: I'm gonna officially celebrate.. 39+1 and NO PUPPPS!

• I had a dear friend go through a very bad case of PUPPPS, she was miserable.  

So glad to hear that you are itch free!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congratulations!! :) I have not had the pleasure of knowing this.... It sounds awful!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I had it on my face. I feel your pain and celebrate with you!

Seriously, your face? That's so awful. :(
  • I actually just called my doctor today about itchy red bumps on my feet and starting to go up my legs! They're so terribly itchy! I've scratched some so much they are scanned and even those still itch! But nothing on my belly or anything and I wad reading that PUPPPS usually is on your stomach and what not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"