December 2013 Moms

Not crawling yet?

My little guy is just over seven months old and isn't crawling yet. I realize each baby's different but I'm just looking for a benchmark. He's rolling a lot and does a little butt bouncing thing but no signs of crawling. His DCP doesn't give him too much floor time which is something I've asked about over and over again and I'm looking for another provider and I just wonder if this has something to do with it. 

Re: Not crawling yet?

• My LO gets all the floor time and still only army crawls at almost 8 months.
  • I've been trying to increase floor time for the same reason. Except my LO seems to have forgotten how to roll. So I have an 8 month old that can sit really well, but won't roll or crawl. So it's normal.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is 7.5 months and isn't crawling either.  Honestly, i'm not worried about it at all. I'm not in a hurry for him to be mobile.

• My LO is almost 8 months, tons of floor time and just started really army crawling in the past 2 weeks but my first was pulling up and stuff at this age. Every baby is going to have a different timeline Not crawling at 8 months is NBD as far as I'm concerned but I don't know what the actual milestone month range is for it off hand.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • I wouldn't worry about it. My DD is almost 8 months, gets plenty of floor time and is not crawling yet. Every baby will do things in their own time.

Yup, this for us too. She like JUST started scooting, but no crawling yet.
  • RoseVARoseVA member
    Thanks, everyone! I'm glad to hear it. I told some relatives that he's not crawling yet and a few responded "really?! not yet? is he ok??"  uhhhhhh I thought he was fine until you made me second guess it. 
  • I think 9 months is pretty typical, or that's what I've read anyway.
  • LO is 7.5 months old and not crawling.  I'm in no rush, mostly because we haven't baby proofed.  I feel confident he'll do it when he's ready!
  • Kahlan is just over 7 months and just started army crawling last night. But she'd still rather roll everywhere. She's too mobile for me.... I'd be happy if that would slow down.
  • I've read the average is anywhere from 6 -10 months, and a lot of kids don't do it at all. LO just started this weekend and now she EVERYWHERE. Enjoy his immobility for the moment ;) 
  • CbowlCbowl member
    Nope 7.5 months and my LO is content just sitting on the floor and not even close to crawling
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• I'm in that camp too. 7 months, tons of floor time, no crawling. I am not complaining as we haven't done any baby proofing yet!
  • LO turned 8months yesterday and just crawled forwards today. He's been rocking on his knees for a couple of weeks but seemed happy to roll everywhere.
  • LO is over 7 months and not crawling yet. She will get on all fours and rock, and can actually scoot backwards but no real crawling yet. Probably coming soon though. I'm not really that bothered...once she's off, she's off!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JRT512JRT512 member
    Totally normal! Some babies skip the crawling stage and go straight to walking. C can push herself backwards and slide on the wood floor, but no signs of forward movement yet.
  • Tucker will be 8 months on Monday and I've seen him get on all fours one time for about 2 seconds so no crawling here
  • 8 months and no interest at all. She is on the floor all the time but will cry on her tummy till I roll her over. She won't roll herself anymore.
  • No crawling here. Ds1 army crawled at 8 months then regular full on crawled at 9 months which seemed pretty average among friends/family members. Ds2 full on crawled by 7 months and learned to do stairs, it was a baby proofing nightmare. Interestingly enough they both walked at almost exactly the same age (12mo)
  • Mine is 7.5 months and isn't crawling either.  Honestly, i'm not worried about it at all. I'm not in a hurry for him to be mobile.

This. 7 months today and still just rolling and bouncing on her tummy. I love her baby-ness and also the fact that I can just lie there with her and not move. : )

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ellie is 8 months and not crawling. I know she could if she wanted to but she is lazy! I'm not worried about it. They'll do it when they're ready.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"