January 2015 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

What's making you say "WTF?!?!" this week?

Aaaaaaaand go!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Mine is WTF toddler "logic."

It's 67 here in my neck of Virginia, unusually cold for this time of year.  DD is complaining "I'm cold!" but she also wants to be naked and threw a tantrum when I tried to put a shirt on her.  WTF.  If you're cold, getting dressed will help you warm up!
  • Options
    I went to Old Navy last night to buy some khaki work pants. I hate shopping at the store so this was a big deal. I tried on two sizes and ended up liking the second but I must have put them back and grabbed a different pair that I thought were the same size. Well...I grabbed a pair on a hanger that said size 4. Went to put them on this morning and noticed they are size 6. WTF Old Navy!! Now I have to go back to the store :( I should just stick to online shopping.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF 0630??! You arrived too soon =(

• Options
    @lanatir I'm in RVA and it's so cold! Was not prepared for this weather when I walked out the door this am.
    Stafford VA. It was 50 this am when I went running. I was in heaven!!! 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options

@lanatir I'm in RVA and it's so cold! Was not prepared for this weather when I walked out the door this am.

I know it must suck for you, but I wish I was in your area today!! We have a lovely high of 113 where I'm at.

• Options
    Wtf baby the one day my kids actually sleep in u have me up at the ass crack of dawn starving :/ hope this doesnt become a habit
  • Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    edited July 2014
    @idontevenknow-- I'm LOVING the cooler weather.  Virginia tends to be too hot for me.  But it's where my husband's job is, so.....

I'd melt in 113.  I'd rather not test it, but that might be one case where I could say I literally would...  Anything past about 85 and I sweat like nobody's business.

Edit to fix tag-- I apparently can't stop myself from inserting an apostrophe in "dont."
  • Options

My dog stole my cookies and then DD tried to steal my new cookie. :(

Haha thats karma for not sharing with us :p
  • Options

YaMrWhite said:

Stafford VA. It was 50 this am when I went running. I was in heaven!!! 

I'm outside of Charlottesville, closer to RVA so kind of close to you @candacemg1 and @YaMrWhite

We are vacationing for DH's work at the Greenbrier in WVA. So much for the pool while DH is in morning meetings! It's 55. So WTF July weather.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Deff tease! :)
  • Options
    WTF people who walk on railroad tracks and get themselves killed. I know it sounds harsh, but I'm sitting on a stalked Amtrak train with no end in sight for our delay because someone got hit by another train this am on our route. Darwin Awards aren't something you want, people! I just want to get to my parents' house
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The last part got cut off:

I do feel for the victim and his family, but for real people...if you're not a train stay off the tracks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf pregnancy brain. I thought it was street cleaning day, so I took DS to Starbucks and then planned to park my car on the other side of the street. On the way there I realized street cleaning is tomorrow. I got starbucks anyway.

In retrospect, not too bad how it all worked out :)

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    I second the whole WTF toddler logic thing someone else mentioned. My conversation with DS (3yo) this morning as I went in to wake him:

Me: Good morning, sweetie!
    DS: Oh, hi Mommy. I want a cookie. 
    Me: Well, we don't eat cookies before breakfast.
    DS: I want pizza for breakfast. 

When I declined his request, he proceeded to pitch the monster of all tantrums all morning, anytime anyone asked him to do anything. All because I wouldn't give him pizza for breakfast. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    WTF old hag making a left hand turn without looking left? I nearly took off the front of your car! This would have been your 3rd accident in the neighborhood. You need to get off the road. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WTF is up with me having a hard time eating at home? Apparently preparing my own food is too much to ask. I ate like a horse in the hospital because I was brought a tray three times a day. I wish I had that at home.
  • Options
    My work environment is very informal and is an implant locally for me from another area. My boss came in and said she was going on locations for the day.  I asked, "Is your daughter still down here?". Her response dumbfounded me. "F#$% I forgot, I can't go far then."  How do you forget you have a 10 year old daughter you left at your apartment alone because she was sleeping?!?!
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    Ha yes me too, I hate preparing my own food, so I hardly ever cook anything. fruit ftw! 

Actually yesterday I made a really cute tuna salad! Check it:

Tuna mixed with red onion, Dijon, and mayo, over a bed of spinach, arugula, tomato and avocado. Dressing: 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon, 1/2 tsp Dijon, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 pressed garlic clove, and salt/pepper to taste. Shake in small container and spread over salad.
  • Options
    Wtf people! Don't apply to a job if you don't understand the basic terms they are referring to in the job posting!! Second preliminary call today where I had to explain "hospitality" to them  #-o my head hurts...

• Options

WTF cooperating physician?! I told you I was pregnant WEEKS ago (and therefore couldn't scrub some of your cases) and you ask me today if I'm expecting? When I replied he said, "I was wondering, because you usually keep yourself in pretty good shape." As he pointed to my belly. Ugh.

This reminds me of my real wtf. Yesterday was my monthly checkup at my o's office. They have med students all the time, they're always awkward but whatever. The med student comes in and is talking to me about this chest pain I've been having. Twenty minutes in, he asks what kind of contraceptives I'm on! Wtf, you don't even look at the info that says I'm pregnant before coming in?! So dumb. When the real Dr came in she mentioned it was his first day in obstetrics. No shit.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    I've got nothing personal this week, and maybe I'm late to the party on this one, but....

https://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/christina-aguilera-celebrates-baby-shower-with-graphic-cake-pictures-2014297

I've always thought Xtina was a tacky cow. This is just over the top, and I usually delight in the inappropriate humor.
  • Options

I've got nothing personal this week, and maybe I'm late to the party on this one, but....

https://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/christina-aguilera-celebrates-baby-shower-with-graphic-cake-pictures-2014297

I've always thought Xtina was a tacky cow. This is just over the top, and I usually delight in the inappropriate humor.

That cake, OMG! Way to keep it dirrty XTina! Money can't buy you class I guess...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

ajh4609 said:
    I've got nothing personal this week, and maybe I'm late to the party on this one, but.... https://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/christina-aguilera-celebrates-baby-shower-with-graphic-cake-pictures-2014297 I've always thought Xtina was a tacky cow. This is just over the top, and I usually delight in the inappropriate humor.
    That cake, OMG! Way to keep it dirrty XTina! Money can't buy you class I guess...
    Some poor soul has to eat part of her cake boob or vagina :(

I went to a baby shower recently where there was a similar cake, they used a plastic baby doll face and maybe some tiny hands too, can't remember exactly. I just about died and was glad that it was a friends only shower, no moms or older relatives there.
  • Options
    lars1226 said:

ajh4609 said:

Some poor soul has to eat part of her cake boob or vagina :(

I went to a baby shower recently where there was a similar cake, they used a plastic baby doll face and maybe some tiny hands too, can't remember exactly. I just about died and was glad that it was a friends only shower, no moms or older relatives there.

My sister's friend from HS had a bachelorette party cake of a giant penis with a tiny naked replica of the bride clinging to it. It was funny and appropriate for the event and crowd... But a baby coming out of her cooter at an event where she's dressed up all fancy with a floral headband? I dunno, man....
  • Options
    WTF person on this train car who keeps passing gas! Really?? Really?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    motherboy said:

WTF cooperating physician?! I told you I was pregnant WEEKS ago (and therefore couldn't scrub some of your cases) and you ask me today if I'm expecting? When I replied he said, "I was wondering, because you usually keep yourself in pretty good shape." As he pointed to my belly. Ugh.

This reminds me of my real wtf. Yesterday was my monthly checkup at my o's office. They have med students all the time, they're always awkward but whatever. The med student comes in and is talking to me about this chest pain I've been having. Twenty minutes in, he asks what kind of contraceptives I'm on! Wtf, you don't even look at the info that says I'm pregnant before coming in?! So dumb. When the real Dr came in she mentioned it was his first day in obstetrics. No shit.
    Major face palm in your instance. Seriously? It takes no time to at least review the reason for a visit!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    lbetelbete member
    New interns who think they can do it better than my 12 years if experience. Wtf.
  • Options
    BeauxbatonBeauxbaton member
    edited July 2014
    WTF SIL?! You brought your son who has ringworm in three different spots (one of which is infected) to my house without a shirt on because it needs to "air out." I need my 10 month old to not get ringworm. And while me and my husband watch him it would be nice that if you are sitting next to your son and my son is trying to actively touch the spots of ringworm, it'd be nice if you stopped him from it so he doesn't touch it between the time it takes me to get my pregnant self off the couch and across the room.
  • Options
    ACH831 said:

Ewwwwww what?!?  Not okay!

The surgeon I was with jokingly told a (pregnant) CRNA who dropped in to visit that pregnant women aren't allowed in his room. I then asked him if that meant he wanted me to leave the student alone. His jaw dropped and he proceeded to tease about how he knew something was off. I thought I was out but I guess some people still don't know, lol.
  • Options
    Maybe xtina is a fan of cake wrecks :-)
    Wtf stomach, why were you good almost 10 days while I ate junk on vacation and now when I eat something healthy like a piece of fruit, you make me feel like I'm in the throes of first trimester morning sickness?
  • Options
    motherboy said:

Speaking as someone who is married to a med student, that is SO not ok. Learning to read the chart before asking questions is like "Med student rotations 101". Good for you for mentioning it to the supervising doc.

Wtf mil? I told you that we don't let dd have stickers because she has an allergic reaction to the adhesive. What do you do? Send a box with five (count 'em: FIVE) sticker books! When I ask you about it, your response is, "you worry too much. Toddlers need stickers and I get to spoil my granddaughter in whatever way I choose."

It's a good thing we live 1500 miles away...

• Options
    95139513 member
    WTF boss man! I asked you THREE weeks ago for a review/ raise and you have yet to get back to me.

WTF hormones for crying over this and the Market Basket fued today.
  • Options
    I feel like my CVS test was 283472983 years ago.  Really it was only 13 days ago. But they told me last week I might get the results by last Friday.  They told me last Friday that I'd get the results either late this monday or early this tuesday.  Still no results today, but they called and said that now we expect results either tomorrow or friday.  I've spend the last several days just staring at the phone.  Losing my dang mind.   WTF why is it taking so long?!?!?!
  • Options
    I work as a badge checker at a public pool during the summer. There was an 11 year old girl who was nearly 300lbs. I actually saw her mother giving her fried chicken fingers, fries, soda and chips. The child was grazing all day! WTF?!?
  • Options
    I know this is a day late, but WTF dog, you threw up on the bed in the middle of the night and it soaked through ALL the bedding :( That was gross.

Good practice for motherhood, I suppose?
  • Options
    I know this is a day late, but WTF dog, you threw up on the bed in the middle of the night and it soaked through ALL the bedding :( That was gross.

Is your dog best friends with a grey cat named Oliver who also throws up in the middle of the night? I just count my blessings that it wasn't fecal matter or urine!

Is your dog best friends with a grey cat named Oliver who also throws up in the middle of the night? I just count my blessings that it wasn't fecal matter or urine!
    No. Lucky is only 8 pounds and is afraid of cats. :) He's a wimp!
    Oliver is a super cute name for a cat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"