January 2013 Moms

Toddler sleep issues

How is everyone's LO sleeping lately?

DS is a champion sleeper, I usually never even think about him waking up in the night. He usually goes down between 7 and 8pm and up between 6 and 7 am. Last Friday night and again last night he woke up screaming at 3:30am. 

Friday night he only went back to sleep after exhausting himself playing and watching Daniel Tiger around 5am. I tried last night to keep things quiet and dark, hoping he'd go back to sleep, but it was a lost battle, I caved and turned on the tv and we sat on the couch, he finally put his head down and started to close his eyes around 4:30am...but jerked back awake. I asked him if he wanted to go nigh nigh and he ran back to his room. Put him in his crib and he cried hard again for about 5 minutes. So I got him and we went back out to the living room. About 20 minutes later he had fallen asleep on me for about 10 minutes but jerked back awake so I took him to his crib again. He went down this time after about 10 minutes if a light whimper and talking to his stuffed animals. But he was wide awake at 6:30am when I dragged myself off the couch to get into the shower.

I really hope this is just his gums, his bottom canine teeth are popping out. I need to check in the back for his two year molars, but I'm kind of worried it's more of a fear issue, Is 3:30am like the toddler witching hour or something?!?

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Toddler sleep issues

• DCKateDCKate member
    This was happening to us about a week ago. We finally (over the last week) have her on a good schedule that has stuck. But she was waking up around 2-3am screaming. Like half asleep and screaming. DH would go in and rock her, give her milk, etc and she would just end up in bed with us.

It only lasted a week. Good luck, mama! And we definitely use Daniel Tiger in emergency situations as well:)
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • I just feel bad I don't know exactly what is going on...but I guess we've all been doing this since our LO's were born. Usually when he has an owie he points to it or grabs it, so I'm seriously thinking it's more of a mental thing...perhaps scary dreams. 

I guess I'll just fix it with a cup of milk and some cuddles. But hopefully he goes back to his normal schedule soon. And I probably shouldn't complain about two nights out of seven!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • This happened to us when she was getting her molars. Then it happened once last week, and I noticed 2 canines coming in. We were watching Daniel Tiger at 345 one morning. Good luck!!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• We have had more issues the past few weeks than we have had in a long time, but it's been a combination of molars breaking through and being sick. I fix it with cuddles and milk when I have to, too. Good luck mama!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD had nap issues last week and then I thought we were over the hump because it of the blue she took a FOUR hour nap on Sunday and back to her regular naps starting Monday.

HOWEVER, the past the days she has now been experimenting with waking a the butt crack if dawn. Earlier and earlier each day until today was 4am. It finally caught up to her today and I literally put get down for a nap at 8am because she was begging to go night night! I guess we are taking two naps today! I see no rain for it except developmental since I don't go to her until 530 (unless she were to scream which she doesn't, just babbling away). Hopefully we all get through this soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"