LGBT Parenting

TTC Check In

Good morning.

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing?

QOTW: Many months ago, a fellow bumpie asked if we could please not post BFPs in this thread. Since then, though there have been reminders in each posted thread, there have been a handful of folks who have posted their BFP here. How does everyone feel about this? Do you want to continue to try to keep this thread BFP free, or does it not matter?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check In

• I'm 6dp3dt today. My plan is to start my POAS efforts tomorrow. Right now I'm in a place of wanting to know and not wanting to know at the same time. If this cycle didn't work, we at least have one FET and one more fresh cycle in our future.

QOTW: I would like to keep the TTC Check In BFP free. When folks are struggling, I think of this particular thread as a safe place on our board. If you're having a hard time and don't want to see someone else's BFP, then you can opt to not open that particular thread until you feel ready. If it is posted here, you can be blindsided by it. I also think that all BFPs should be celebrated by the entire board. Folks who aren't TTC generally don't comment here and may not even read this thread on a regular basis. A separate BFP thread would enable everyone on the board to see it.

Right now, I'm in a place where a BFP posted here wouldn't throw me a whole lot. During my journey, I have had some rough IF days and a BFP from someone else was about the last thing I wanted to see (not that I ever begrudge anyone a BFP. I definitely do not). I know that not everyone here has IF issues and some folks get BFPs right away, so it could be hard to understand where others are coming from who have had longer journeys. I would never wish a long TTC journey on anyone.

Those are my thoughts. Please do not feel that you have to agree with them nor support them. I figured we would come to a general consensus and move forward from there.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• I'm 8 days past our home insemination and still not entirely hopeful. Late last week I started getting my PMS breakouts all over my face. My favorite time of the month! Woo hoo! I'm still not letting myself be optimistic about this cycle so I'm not as disappointed when AF shows up. I'm expecting that around Friday, but I was thinking of maybe (big maybe) testing if I haven't started by Monday...

As far as posting BFPs here. I kind of think keeping them off of this thread is a good idea... If only because then the thread gets plugged up with "congrats" and I feel like other people's updates can get lost, making it harder to respond/give advice/support to those still trying.... And that's the newbies two cents!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @CrazyAunt84‌ - You make a good point and I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm interested in seeing how everyone views it. I want to say that it has been 8 or 9 months (or more) since the original request was made. When I took responsibility for the TTC Check In, I have just kept it going.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Good morning! we started IUI cycle number 2 last week.  Last time we didn't use any meds except for the trigger shot.  This time we decided to use injectibles which my wife started taking at the end of last week.  This morning was the first ultrasound and she has four folicles growing, yay!  Judging by the size (ranging from 11-15 mm) I think we might be doing our next IUI sometime next week (or hopefully over the weekend).  We have another ultrasound on Wednesday.

I am really hoping that this one works because we only have 4 vials left and we were hoping to use the same donor for all of our future kids.

Good luck everyone!

QOTW:  I think keeping this thread BFP free is a good thing.
  • We are 9 days past our at home insemination but it was the wrong day im sure. Our donor ( my wife's best friend) flaked on us. He was supposed to donate 3 times every other day until Wednesday. Well it only happened the 1st time. Anyway back to our check in.

I think Im defective. I have the clear blue easy advanced opks n it gave me no smile 2 times then every test after that was a flash smile. Even days after we did the insemination. On Friday I was just so frustrated I stopped testing. I have an unusually low body temp n it messes with the thermometer lol so I cant always get a good read. I take metformin so im wondering if that messes with the opks. Ugh im getting a headache just thinking about it. I dont want to wait but I lost one of my jobs so we cant afford sperm so Im going to suck it up n beg for her to let us wait til we can afford the goods n try again.

QOTW: Having the BFP post on another thread makes it easier to find to congratulate them. I try to b happy for everyone who gets a BFP so having this thread b BFP free might help other to feel less discouraged.
  • JGYJGY member

Nothing new here.  Got through that first PP af, and was surprised that it was completely normal for me.  Like, right back to it, body!  So now I go spend my life's savings on OPK pee sticks and let the peeing commence!  Here are my hopes:

1) My cycles truly are back to normal starting right now

2) I clearly ovulate, and can track that for 2-3 months

3) We make up our damn minds SOON about go/no-go TTC.  If we're doing this thing, I'd love to start in October.

I don't ask for much ...  ;)

QOTW:  I see both sides presented above.  However I keenly remember how painful it can be to have disappointment after disappointment, and feel surrounded by others' good fortune.  While I agree that this group should be the first to be able to congratulate and share in the joy, I do think we would be able to do that in a seperate BFP thread.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• JGYJGY member
    @stacylh24 - I'm seriously beyond excited and nervous for you to POAS tomorrow!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• mallory4284mallory4284 member
    edited July 2014
    @jocie626 said:

We are 9 days past our at home insemination but it was the wrong day im sure. Our donor ( my wife's best friend) flaked on us. He was supposed to donate 3 times every other day until Wednesday. Well it only happened the 1st time. Anyway back to our check in.

I think Im defective. I have the clear blue easy advanced opks n it gave me no smile 2 times then every test after that was a flash smile. Even days after we did the insemination. On Friday I was just so frustrated I stopped testing. I have an unusually low body temp n it messes with the thermometer lol so I cant always get a good read. I take metformin so im wondering if that messes with the opks. Ugh im getting a headache just thinking about it. I dont want to wait but I lost one of my jobs so we cant afford sperm so Im going to suck it up n beg for her to let us wait til we can afford the goods

I'm 8 days past our home insemination and I feel the same way!! I was using the clearblue advanced opks as well and I've decided I will never use them again!! I had like 4 (5?) flashing smileys before we decided we might as well just do it last Sunday (Because we had donor sperm from a bank that had been sitting at our house since Thursday afternoon!) But I'm pretty sure I had probably ovulated by at least Friday (based on my cm, which I didn't learn about clearly until after the fact)

I wish you the best of luck!!
  • I had a b/us appointment last Thursday and got the green light to start my injections. So I started them yesterday. I am doing Menopur 150iu in the morning and my Gonal F 450iu in the evening. The ER is still set for the 4th-12th. Looking more like either August 7th or 8th. I am still unemployed so I will be happy with either date. 

Last TTC I told you guys about the financial issues we were having with coming up with the money we owed our RE and the $950 for the freezing of the embryos. Well the family that I used to work for, the family I was with for over 6 years and the reason why I am in Chicago gave us the money to borrow. Without us even asking :)

QOTW: I kinda like TTC to be BFP free. I'm always so happy for the people that get theirs and share, but I like them to be in a new thread. That way everyone can be included! Eventually we will all graduate and move on to the pregnancy check-in! 

@StacyLH24 Can't wait to hear the news! :) 

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• @mallory4284 Thinking of you and wishing you luck as well.
  • @CrazyAunt84 - I hope you're enjoying your time in Cape Cod. A successful IUI would be a great 30th birthday present for you!

@mallory4284 - FX that your timing was better than you think it might have been. You are stronger than I to hold out to test. I have never been able to hold out.

@MamaNumber2 - Good luck! Sounds like those follies are growing nicely.

@jocie626‌ - I hope your timing also was better than you think it was. Hopefully you can get the donor situation figured out so that you both are comfy. C and I found Northwest Cryobank to be one of the most affordable. Just somewhere to check into if you haven't already.

@JGY - Yay for things getting back on track with your body! You're one step closer, even if you haven't fully decided on #2 yet.

@TwoMomsInTX‌ - Yay for that last BCP! Not things can really get moving. You both have waited so long.

@Himee33 - it sounds like things are starting to move along nicely. FX that you get many good embies out of this. I'm glad the money situation has worked itself out!

So far it looks like it leans towards leaving the TTC Check In BFP free. If anyone who hasn't chimed in yet would like to, please do so. Obviously things can be changed at any time and can always be open for discussion.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @StacyLH24‌ thank you so much. I hope so too. We are looking into it. We need a cryobank that doesn't require a doctor's release because I have a horrible doctor who wont consent.
  • A day late for the check-in... 

Wife and I went to see a private clinic last Friday. (We are on a NHS waiting list for free treatment but there's a good chance that I would turn 40 and be ineligible for treatment before they ever got to me...) We've been back and forth about next steps. Sign up for the consultation and get started at the clinic? Try once more at home? We were still talking it over this morning at breakfast. Throw in that, upcoming, we've got my US family visiting, a conference in London, and wife is away for two weeks in September... and that makes timing (and clinical monitoring) tricky. 

Honestly, I don't know WHAT to do. I like the idea of sticking with at-home ICI BUT I get stressed about the timing and, so far, at-home hasn't worked. If we tried at home, we would use a new donor. On the other hand, our at-home tries don't "count" towards the NHS's IVF requirements: 6 unsuccessful IUIs means that we would get put on the IVF waiting list. (NOT that I'm hoping for 6 unsuccessful IUIs of course!) Clinic IUIs WOULD count and maybe, with monitoring and IUI, I might get pregnant with fewer number of tries.

Ack. Sometimes this feels like gambling. I HATE gambling. I would always rather put my money in a savings account than invest in the stock market. It will never make me rich but at least I know it's there. What's the TTC equivalent of that? Ha. 
  • @channe9 - I just said to C last week that this is all like gambling. You never know if the next one will work or not, but if you don't try, then you know it won't. It is a horrible cycle to get into. We had a hard time finally switching to IVF because of the financial consideration and we kept tossing around the idea of one more IUI, because, what if it worked?

Good luck in making your decision on the next step. It sounds like you have a lot to consider.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Well a date has been made official to meet our hopefully soon to be surrogate. We have talked over Skype and the phone but meeting in person just can't be beat. So excited to get the ball rolling on this. The second week in september she will be here and the week that she goes home she will go off birth control so hoping for a short wait until that BFP and hopefully a baby by christmas next year! 
    8/17/12 Miscarriage at 9 weeks. Fetal Growth stopped 6w6d 2/15/13 Chemical pregnancy 8/21/13 BFP! MMC oct 8th measured 8w5d

<br/><a href="http://oi41.tinypic.com/evdel0.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"